°•¤●The Swordswoman●¤•°

[Chapter 2]

==========================

[ °●7th of January, 2026●°]

==========================

"LIKE HELL I WOULDN'T, I'M NOT GONNA CHICKEN OUT OF A FIGHT AND LET KIRITO TAKE ALL THE GLORY. NOT ANYMORE! I'M GONNA END THIS TIE ONCE AND FOR ALL!"

I flew across many villages and forests to find this guy, took me a heck of a lot of time to reach this floor.

The last time I flew this fast was during last season's boss raid, and that took everything I got... Not to mention, I was only able to maintain that speed for less than 5 minutes. I've been pushing like this for an hour now!

Don't even get me started with how long I had to grind my teeth out yesterday for all the necessary equipment upgrades! This is better worth all that time and money I've spent.

I've reached the lake, and it stretched as far as the floor's borders. Hmm... the small island at the middle does have the clearing she mentioned, so the location is accurate. I'm definitely at the right place, though a tad bit too far for me to land yet.

I wonder how Kirito is doing? Better not get his ass kicked before I get there.

Let's speed this up.

I pulled out my stamina potion for an extra boost. While doing so, I caught a pair of shining blades crossing one another down below.

A battle was in action, though I suspect it's reaching its end.

"CLANG!"

"AH! DARN!"

"Ahhh, right! You did a good job, but that's not enough to take me down just yet. I'll be here the next time you want to try again." the winner insisted, showing sportsmanship upon their opponent.

The man waved in defeat, sighing as a sign of acceptance. "I... surrender."

The end of the match displayed a menu above them, showing the statistics as the crowd cheered at the results.

"So, hehe~! Anyone else out there who would like to take me on~?", Zekken uttered loudly to the surrounding spectators, searching for yet another challenge.

A smirk ran over my face, adrenaline coursed through my veins.

What about one from above!

I poured all the strength I had into diving down towards the island, creating a shockwave fierce enough to grab the crowd's attention to look upward.

I then quickly spread my wings to decrease the incoming impact, though I knew it wouldn't have been enough. I crashed onto the empty field, creating a small crater and a sizable gust of wind that blew the air all around the area.

Having displayed an entrance of such magnitude, I stood up with an earnest smile. The dust settles, and everyone's gaze turned to me.

Finally opening my eyes, I say:

"Your next opponent... will be me. The Absolute Sword, correct? It's a pleasure to meet-"

?!

"-you..."

...

Wait.

What's this?

Why is there a...