76

Chapter 76

    A small, dimly lit room.

    The man was lying on a small bed in the room, his limbs were immobilized and he could not move. There were some people in white coats moving around the bed, and there were two soldiers guarding the door.

    Hu Zhi fell into a coma for two days, and every time he seemed to wake up, he would be injected with the reagent again. After a while, he became dizzy and lost consciousness again, and the cycle started again and again.

    The woman stood at the head of the bed, holding Hu Zhi's head with both hands, and a white light as thin as a line slowly radiated from the palm of her hand. White light penetrated into Hu Zhi's temple, the woman closed her eyes and kept this posture still.

    A series of footsteps came from the door, the woman pulled the white light out of Hu Zhi's mind, straightened up to welcome the person who came. "Chief." The

    middle-aged man glanced at Hu Zhi, "how is the memory retrieval going?"

    "I've already checked this person's memory roughly, and there is no blind spot. He doesn't know anything about the Zombie King. I just lived with them for a while." The woman replied after sorting out her memories.

    "What about his memories of other people? Is there anything suspicious about the three adults and two children? I will make a detailed report and submit it."

    "Also, send him back to the original place after the memory is retrieved. Erase all his memories of this place." Hu Zhi was of little use to them.

    The iron gate was closed, and the woman stood for a while, knowing that the people around her called her, and then went back to export Hu Zhi's memory.

    The aroma of food wafted from the kitchen, the water in the small pot was boiling and bubbling with milky white bubbles, and the chopping board and kitchen knife combined into a song of crisp ingredients. Si Huan was humming a ditty in the kitchen, pouring diced carrots and potatoes into the pot and frying them, and the strong aroma burst out suddenly.

    "It smells so good." Jiang Changjing had just put Si Bai and Xiaozhi to sleep, and followed the scent to the kitchen. Like a koala, he hugged Si Huan from behind, stuck behind him and moved with him, "My wife is amazing, and she cooks deliciously."

    Si Huan was happy in his heart, but he disliked the big whale for slowing down his movements.

    "You're dead, help me cut tofu when you have time."

    "Of order." Jiang Changjing also put on an apron and worked together in the kitchen.

    Tonight is the reunion dinner after returning home, Si Huan wanted to make it richer, and put four dishes and one soup on the table.

    The hour hand turned the number seven, and Fang Yilan returned to the door of the house. She took out the key and hit the keyhole several times without hitting it. Si Huan heard the sound outside the door and got up from the sofa to open the door.

    "Mom!" He gave his mother a hug.

    Jiang Changjing took the bowls and chopsticks from the kitchen, looked at Fang Yilan and called Mom.

    Fang Yilan took her son's hand and squeezed the flesh on his arm, "You see you've lost weight again, didn't you eat well outside? You told me to eat and sleep well on the phone, and you could tell I was lying Yes ."

    "I'm not thin, I'm obviously fat, you always say I'm thin. Da Jing, do you think I'm thin!" Si Huan turned to ask Da Jing.

    Jiang Changjing recalled the feeling of holding his daughter-in-law to sleep at night, "It's okay, it's very well-proportioned."