You face the public-Jay

Jay POV

Y/n had been pacing in my room since the photo shoot. There was a benefit tonight with an auction to raise money for the hospital. Y/n had never appeared with the team before this was her introduction. The last week had been a whirlwind of paparazzi and Dearth hounding us to get on a talk show.
"I just want to make a good impression people never expected me to be a ninja," she said. Y/n wasn't famous her family was just important to the running of Ninjago city.
"Look I'll be at your side it's just an auction there will be limited reporters," I said. I was sitting on my bed but nothing I said was calming her down.
"The press just wants to know if you are on the team or not...and we don't have to publicly announce anything?" I just wanted to know what I could do to get her to sit down.
"My moms been calling all day, they are calling my dads office, I don't want to cause trouble for anyone...I just don't know," she stopped walking and sat down slumping against me.
"I just want to be able to go out with you and not be noticed but now," I put an arm around her shoulder.
"Look the press doesn't know about us just that you have some affiliation with the team,"

"People already hate me...I'm not searching for the hate but it's thre rich girl with the ninja...it's not even my money I work!" She said walking around again.

"Hey y/n our outfit arrive," Nya said popping her head in.
"Bad time?" She Said. Y/n beckoned her in with the garment bags.
"It's amazing," she said unzipping the bag. I let them talk and checked my phone. Of course chirp was trending this. #whatcolorishersuit #sheslucky #shepaidthem

Y/n POV

I didn't mean to worry Jay. Nya left and I flopped on the bed. He leaned over the rubbed my back.
"How about we order some dinner?" He asked. I nodded. I realized how tired I was. I closed my eyes.

"Y/n!" I was shaken awake by Lloyd. I rubbed my eyes.
"We have to leave in an hour and half you need to wake up, Dearth brought hair and makeup!" I looked at my phone he was was right. I got up and ran to Nya's room.
"Who let me sleep?!" Then a woman took me to a chair and started to fix me up.
"Don't worry we wanted to let you sleep that way you wouldn't pace till it was time!" She said back. I rolled my eyes before putting on my outfit. My phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Y/n there are cameras and reporters everywhere we just wanted you to be prepared," my mom said.

Jay POV

Kai fixed my tie and we all finished getting ready.
"Big night how are you guys gonna act?" He said.
"I'll do whatever she wants...I mean his is a charity auction is not really a place to announce something," I sighed.
"I would suggest showing you couple status as she is already being shipped with Kai," Lloyd said.
"Oh come on!" I said.
"Ha as if I thought Nya and I would be shipped together first," I turned seeing her walk into the room. Immediately I had an arm around her hand resting on her lower waist.
"Let leave now so we can get back asasp," I said lowly. She kissed my check as we headed out.

"There they are folks!" We all looked at each-other in the car.
"Remember your a team member own it!" Nya said getting out.
"Maybe we shouldn't hold hands?" I said.
"No if we are doing this we are doing it right," I was a little shocked but it wasn't like y/n was camera shy.
We get out of the car and held hands on the carpet. The camera immediately flashed as we walked into the venue. We both took a breath.
"Wonderful to see the both of you!" Y/n mom came over giving us both a hug.

"Let's get this auction going," her dad spoke before walked to the stage. People whispered wondering why she was here. That's when it was out turn to get on stage. Lloyd was going to speak first.
"We wanna thank everyone for being here to help us raise money, each outfit along with some other items will be for sale," we all stood smiling. We weren't next to eachother at the moment.

"Next we have y/n costume outfit to represent her element of wind," Cole said in the mic. That's when cameras flashed. Which anyone could be outside there were a few selective reporters were allowed in for this moment.
The rest of the night went by pretty fast.

"Jay can you unzip me?" I walked over to her taking my tie off in the process. I couldn't help but unzip then kiss her neck.
"I'd love to but I'm so tired and my phone is blowing up," I nodded changing into sweat pants. So worse on of my t shirts before we got into bed. I looked over at her phone. There it was on every platform. #airninja #greyninja #jayxy/n
"Hey at least they don't officially-" I stopped short after she clicked on the photo of us. It was in the hallway of the venue. I was kissing her forehead and then other one she was in my arms laughing.
"So I guess everyone will know?"
"I mean we have nothing to hide right?"
"Of course we have nothing to hide!" I reassured her.
"I just hope my parents don't start planning the wedding," we looked at eachother smiling.
"Not yet," I said.
"I think if we do a couple post we chose a better ship name then their giving us," I grabbed my phone and opened ninjagram.
"For not having a red carpet they sure got a ton of photos of us," we both scrolled through them for a while before we fell asleep.