Chapter 141

Tommy POV:

Tommy held in a groan at the sound of footsteps coming towards him. That meant it was morning, and he had no more time to sleep.

Tommy pushed himself up with his uninjured arm, carefully moving the injured one slowly, letting it adjust to vague movement. The bandaging probably should be changed, but he doubted that would happen. He wouldn't be surprised if he wouldn't be treated again until the next major injury.

"Theseus!" A voice Tommy recognised all too well barked, sending shivers down Tommy's spine. Dream. Dream was here. And he was angry. Shit. Tommy had thought Dream was the one monster he had escaped, but the man was back and ready gif vengeance.

Tommy shot to his feet, standing quickly at attention as the Blood Mask stepped around him, surveying him.

"Your arm. Does it still work?"

"Yes sir."

"Block this," Dream snapped, and Tommy barely had time to register the word before a fist was hurled at him from his injured side. Still, his gut knew what to do, his arm moving instantly to block the attack.

"Yes, I think that'll do. You've got some training to do before your next fight. At this rate The Blood God would devour you."

The Blood God? Tommy thought the guy had escaped? That's what they all said.

"Oh, and tomorrow I want you to be at a fight. That little weakling you've grown so pathetically attached to will be fighting. I want to see the look on your face when she dies in front of your eyes.

Finley. He was talking about Finley.

Tommy had to hold himself back from lunging at the man. They had connected him to the girl. Anything Tommy did would impact her. The best chance Tommy could give her was to show he didn't care. He did, without intending to, the girl had burrowed her way into his heart, but the Masked Ones could not know that."

"Yes sir," Tommy replied, his voice lacking any emotion. He could not let them see his guilt, pain, nor fear. It was too dangerous. He refused to put Finley through that.

"... Alright," Dream said after a moment's contemplation, "Time to see how pathetically 17 trained you. That waste of space had no right to claim you. Not after he lost you."

Dream's voice was dark, frustration burning around the edges of the words. The man was furious and maybe... jealous? No. No that made no sense. Why would the leader of the Masked Ones be jealous of some random Mask?

Dream turned on his heel, clearly expecting Tommy to follow him, and so, without hesitation, Tommy did. He had to be perfect. If Finley had any chance of survival, Tommy's compliance needed to be flawless. Dream had to think that the other Masks were all exaggerating. He had to believe that Theseus was far to well behaved to ever attack a Masked One.

Tommy wouldn't bother worrying about this for himself, but Finley deserved his worry.

Words: 500

A/N: angst you say? Don't mind if I do!