3 : off college •

(A/N: So thanks guys for the amazing response. Firstly, many of you are confused with the entire concept but let it be. Things will be explained in the story as it progresses. Okay? Any more clarifications or queries, do drop them in the comment box below and tap the star because it makes me happy :) Happy weekend.)

Status : Edited

<<<>>>

The next day, I couldn't really wake up. My alarm began to ring at 5:30 but I cried a lot the previous night and I hardly slept because of the heartbreak. I slept through the alarm. My puffy eyes and damp cheeks made me look more tired. I decided to bunk college.

In fact, that was the best option. I didn't have to face Madhyam. Navya would get to spend some time with him. Maybe things could click between them. They were my priority and if I had to give up on something for them, I would do it.

I slept at 3:15 after taking sleeping pills. Amma came to check on me twice but I somehow managed to escape her suspicion. She fed me breakfast at 11 in the morning and I went back to bed. I slept straight till 1 in the afternoon.

***

In the meanwhile, Amma and Appa had gone to mingle a little with the Malhotra's. They got to know more about each other and were all the more, satisfied. They called the Pandit and they met at the Malhotra's place for further match-making.

"Yes, they make a perfect pair." The Pandit said and all the four of them looked at each other and smiled. "Date bhi mila hai, and it's very close-August 10." (There's an auspicious date too, and it's very close-August 10.)

"Haan, so is it okay?" Rakesh asked Appa.

"Sure. August 10 is 2 weeks away." Appa added. It was too early. At least, we needed a month's time but they had made their minds. For them, Manik and Nandini were in love.

"We should get the preparation started." Amma suggested and Nyonika countered.

"Okay then, we'll start getting the venue and other major things settled."

"Sure and if you need any help, feel free let us know." They agreed and moreover, our parents were so happy with this alliance that they started getting to know each other and their families even before Manik and I met. 

"Malini, let's leave? Nandu uth jayegi." (Malini, let's leave? Nandu will get up.) She nodded and they began the preparations for our wedding.

***

I freshened up, took a shower and went down for lunch. It was almost 2 pm. I was a little hungry. I walked to the dining when I heard Appa.

"Kanna, what happened da? Are you okay?" (My child, what happened? Are you okay?) He asked as I sat at the dining table. I turned to him and walked towards him. 

"Appa, voh bas main bahut thak gayi thi. Toh bas..." (Dad, I was just tired so...) I sat next to him on the couch and he put his arm around me, holding me protectively.

"Now my bacchha should be taking extra care of herself, hai na?" (Now my child should be taking extra care of herself, right?) I looked at him, a little confused.

"Kyun? Kya hua?" (Why? What happened?) I still did not see my wedding coming. Yeah, it was supposed to be a surprise for me.