Chapter-18: Apology Accepted

(A/N: Oh My God! You people are making me so proud now. Okay let's just get into the part. Don't forget to vote and comment okay? And yeah, you guys were worried about Madhyam-Nandini kiss so don't worry, Nandini isn't that kind of a girl. Okay now, get on to the part. Loads of love to everyone out there who are on a commenting spree.)

-----------

I walked out and found Navya. She was looking out for me with her wet mehendi hands.

"Oh God Nandini, I was searching for you. Come here." She signaled me to follow her and we went to a corner in the room. I looked around again and then nudged her.

"What is wrong with Madhyam? Subah se call kar rahi hun, message kar rahi hun but he isn't responding." She sounded a little casual about it. Everyone around me were lying.

"Navya, are you sure you love him? Because yesterday, whatever you were doing wasn't right." I asked in a questioning tone. I was scared that I'd offend her because we had grown farther apart after she told me about her feelings.

"What are you talking about?" She scrutinized and I took a deep breath. Best friends don't hide stuff. Even if she didn't disclose things, I wanted to do justice to that title I had.

"You were lap-dancing for Cabir. And Madhyam saw that." I almost whispered and she gasped. Perhaps she never dreamt of being that bold ever.

"I did? Whoa! Are you serious?" Her eyes widened in surprise and so did mine. Didn't she remember anything? Or was she lying again?

"You don't remember anything? Your selfie with Manik, you acting seductive around Cabir?" I added a few details and she shook her head vigorously. It was surprising how I was always stuck with troublemakers.

"Nandini, I promise, I just have a crush on Cabir. That's it. I don't..." She said in a high pitched voice. She blurted the words before she could realize and I raised my eyebrows.

"Do you actually love Madhyam?" I asked a little slowly this time and her eyes softened.

"I think so." I shut my eyes tight in despair and she sighed.

***

"What is this girl up to now? Whatever it is, one thing is confirmed. Manik, you're screwed." He said to himself and mentally prepared himself for whatever was going to come his way. He walked out of the room and saw me sitting on a chair, lost in my thoughts. "Let's do this." He rolled the sleeves of his kurta and walked towards the kitchen.

A waiter came to me and snapped me out of my thoughts. He handed me a plate of salad and I put it on my lap. The words 'I'm sorry' were written with veggies and I looked straight ahead to see Manik holding his ears sadly. I mentally smiled but I had ego too. I just shoved the plate into the dustbin and sat back on a chair, with other ladies who had their hands decorated. He huffed and walked inside.

After a good ten minutes, he came back and saw me, struggling to do something with my back. He scooted towards me and stood behind me.

"Let me see it." He whispered against my ear and I immediately gave in. I didn't want to make a scene there but at the same time, I wanted him to explain himself. He was wrong and he couldn't be so casual about it. He ran his fingers along the length of my back.

"I think it's healing. Good girl. Don't strain much." He was being all nice and sweet which was so not Manik. Did I really affect him that much? That much that he couldn't bear me ignoring him? I mentally patted myself again and sat confidently.