Chapter-60: Breaks

(A/N: Hello peeps. 😘 Parth ka birthday aa raha hai so I was a little busy with that. I'm sorry. Can you believe how far we've made it with PS? He deserves the world. On a tribute to him, this is your update 😎 Hope you'll like this update. Beech beech main thoda masti hoga 😍 Vote, comment aur share karo? Thanks for that spam! ❤ Keep loving Parth Samthaan.)

-------------

Manik was smirking and I was upset. It wasn't funny. I was really hurt and Manik was being so sarcastic and rude. I already had enough going on, for God's sake. Manik wasn't helping me feel any better. I was struggling in his grip, as he tried to exercise power over me.

"Samajhte kya ho apne aap ko? Tumhe lagta hai ki Nandini will miss the class and talk to me and love me? If that's the case, you're highly mistaken, Mr. Manik Malhotra. Mujhe tumse koi baat nahi karni hai!" I screamed into his face, hitting him and pushing him away, trying to distance him from myself. I was behaving so hypocritical, talking nonstop but saying otherwise. His smirk only got wider.

"Acchha... toh abhi tak kya kar rahi thi?" He cringed his eyebrows cutely and examined my face while I blinked, completely lost. I was so vulnerable but Manik just had to make fun of me. I breathed and hit him again. No matter how many times I'd hit and scold him, I'd be inflicting pain on him which would just hurt me in the end. However, no amount of physical pain could suffice the emotional pain I was going through, having the love of my life right before me but not with me.

"Problem kya hai tumhari?" I whined, and  I was manhandled effortlessly.

"Tum ho meri problem. You and your stupid antics. Pehle toh nahi lagati thi makeup! Now you're just trying to impress other guys and divorce me!" He was spitting into my face, aggression clear in his actions. He didn't like my behavior one bit. He never liked it when I shouted at him. I was tired now. I couldn't fight longer. I was beginning to give up. Tears pooled in my eyes.

"Seriously, Manik? Do you want to know something? I DO NOT WANT TO DIVORCE YOU! Mujhe divorce nahi chahiye, okay? For heaven sake, just stop it!" I was crying quite miserably and Manik was just watching. I was one hell of a woman. I would scream and shout and cry myself at the end, and he was stuck with an overemotional Nandini, that just made him weak. "You never think about me... samjhte bahut kuch ho but you don't care... About how I am, how I feel... You're so selfish, Manik. I hate you..." I cried as I held onto his waist and placed my head onto his chest.

He took a deep breath, bit his lip and pushed his hands into his pocket. His heart was bleeding and he was trying his best to be tough and rough like the usual him. He was controlling his urge to hug me but if he did, he'd give in and lose his ego to me. I was so so sad and he didn't know what to do to calm me down. Every sniff of mine hurt his heart.

"Stop. Crying. Nandini... Nandini, just stop it!" He paused as he controlled himself. He was equally hurt, my tears made him weak but he was drowned immensely in his own ego to accept and mend things between us. His shirt was drenched with my tears.

"Kyun pareshaan karte ho mujhe? Kyun karte ho aisa mere saath?" I added to get his attention desperately and he couldn't hold himself back any longer. He knew I needed it. He pulled his hands out and wrapped them around me protectively, snuggling me closer to him while I gave in to the moment.

***

I went back home after bunking the first class in the morning, all thanks to Manik. Even my home didn't really feel homely with those cold glares and silent glances. I locked myself in the room and pulled the blanket over myself, trying to sleep my pain through.

I tried for some minutes, turning and twisting in bed but nothing did any good. I felt so helpless. I was badly in need of sleep but my mind was not at peace. I was worried about so many things, my family, my in-laws, Manik, Alya... I NEED A BREAK. I decided to hit the shower. I filled some hot-water up in my bathtub and dipped into it, feeling relieved.