13 : i'm not jealous •

(A/N: Thanks for the amazing response, I'll try to write another part tonight itself and publish it for you all. Also, the next part is gonna be interesting. Okaythanksbye.)

Status: Edited

<<<>>>

I opened the gift a little after Manik left. Did he come just to give the gift? How did I, yet again, forget to lock the damn window?! His surprise visits were driving me to concerning craziness! 

A rose-gold iPhone 6s sat inside the cushioned box it came with. Stuck on it with a piece of cello-tape with his possible fingerprint on was a tiny SIM card and a piece of paper.

A gift for Miss. Fiancée. You lost your phone na? That's why. Vaise, now I know your new number ;)

How thoughtful of him? I mean, I still do hate him. But he isn't that bad. I surfed through my contacts to find only his number saved. 'Manik'. I pressed my obvious grin and called his line. He picked exactly on the second ring.

"Ahem. Hello Miss. Fiancée."
"Yeah... Hi. Umm... The gift... It's... uhh... nice. Thank you." I searched for words underneath my fingernails. It was rare that I got to speak nicely to him, he gave me few opportunities to do so. I didn't know why I was getting shy though.
"Hmm... So 2 days huh?" Was that how you reply to a 'thank-you'? Hmm? Seriously?
"Umm... Yeah."
"So..."

"Manik, sun. Kal mehendi aur sangeet hai, toh we won't be able to have bachelor's. Can we go tonight instead?" (Manik, listen. We have the mehendi and sangeet on tomorrow, so we won't be able to have bachelor's too.) That was Cabir and Mukti, planning his bachelor's party. Bachelor's party? I never said that was allowed?! 

"Guys, it's like the last night of my single-hood tomorrow. I can't have the party tonight. It defeats the purpose." He looked annoyed. He obviously wanted things his way.

"Bro dude, but we want a proper party. Daaru... str..." Manik cut him short, saving the details from my moth ears. 

"Fine. We'll go today. Book the place." 

"Hello?"
"What was that?" Annoyance was clear in my voice. I heard a chuckle escape his lips.
"That's none of your business." Why was he so unpredictable?
"Fine. Bye." I gritted my teeth. Idiot.

The time was four p.m. I had hardly eaten my breakfast and lunch. I had a fast going on during the ceremony and straight after I fell asleep. Then Manik came! The commotion made me dizzy. I went downstairs with the support of the railing and grabbed some food for myself. Surprisingly, there was no one at home. 

It's shocking that in a house where a wedding is happening, that the bride is left alone. I felt liberated without having someone to breath down my neck for once. I could put my legs on the coffee table, sit with them spread out wide, or eat to my heart's content without some aunty commenting on me putting on weight before my 'shaadi'. 

I served myself a hefty amount of sambar rice, threw in a few cooked curries just for the sake of 'nutrition' that I was pestered with and sat on the couch with the TV remote. I was swapping channels when I saw something.

"So today we have Manik Malhotra, the lead singer of the most demanded band in India, Fab 5." He waved his hand and I looked interested. Let's see what he has to say. "So Manik. We've recently come to know that you are getting married. Is that true? Don't you think it's a little early? Do tell us a little about her."