Chapter-26: His Pain

(A/N: Guys, I am so sorry for the delay. I had some personal issues at home due to which I was a little disturbed. Plus school work so I wasn't allowed to use my phone for more than 20 minutes a day. I am extremely sorry for the delay. Yipee though! Now vote and comment if you like the part please? Love you all.)

-------------

I leaned closer and he shut his eyes closed, expecting something big. It was bliss to see 'The Manik Malhotra' lying helpless there.

I ran my nose along his jawline, from the back of his head to his face. I teased him the way he usually did and his hands gripped my waist. I smiled and sneaked my phone. I captured the picture with me winking at the camera, to pose for my victory.

"Nanduuu... Faaast..." He whined and I looked at his face again. His eyebrows were cringed together and his lips were pouted and I made a 'aww-so-cute' expression. I leaned again and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. He immediately fluttered his eyes open and I withdrew.

"That was for picking me up." I smiled and he smiled wider but then frowned.

"I want a bigger reward!" He shouted and I put my palm on his mouth, signaling him to quiet down. He frowned again and huffed. He turned his head to the other side angrily. I quickly pecked him on the other cheek too and he smiled. He pulled me closer to him and moved my hair off my face. I shrugged out his grip with a proud smile on my face and showed him my phone.

"This time, I won." I gleed and he glared at the phone screen, first to focus the image and then it turned into a grumpy scowl.

"Nand... No! Delete it. Delete it." He shouted as he crawled on the bed to reach me. I quickly ran out of the room and he chased me. He fell to the floor after a while.

"Tired eh?" I sat next to him. We were leaning against the couch. "Vaise, ek baat bolo?" Perhaps it was better to find the truth when he was drunk.

"Hmm..." He nodded and examined my face closely, to focus.

"Why did you call me your wife the other day?" I shot and he frowned.

"Why matlab? You are... my wife. You are mine. That asshole had to know that." He waved his hands in the air and then pointed to himself as he stressed on the word 'wife'. He made a sad face and stated the last line. I felt a smile appear on my lips.

"But tumne aisa kyun bola?" He took a deep breath.

"Because there was nobody in my life to address me like that. To address me as theirs. Nobody except my mother." He sighed and I sat properly next to him.

"Matlab?" He looked at me and smiled to himself again.

"Tumhe pata hai, my life isn't as beautiful as it seems." I looked at him but his focus was fixed to a spot on the ground. "Have you ever wondered why I love my Mom so much? Even more than my dad?" He questioned and I shook my head innocently.

"Because my dad isn't my real dad. My actual father, Rajiv Shukla, had a cardiac attack in October 1993, even before I was born. To help him recover, Mom spent tons of money on operations and surgeries. But all failed. After my father died, Mom had to struggle alone. She was 4 months pregnant with me and she couldn't strain herself much either. She wasn't financially equipped to deliver me and take care of me. Her family neglected her and cursed her." A tear formed in his eyes and I could sense the pain. For a moment, I imagined myself in his place but the thought itself stirred my insides. He smiled, still looking at the floor.