Chapter-54: Jocund Journeys

(A/N: From this part on, the next few chapters will be private. Also, tell me if you want explicit honeymoon scenes because MaNan in those scenes will be quite, non-MaNan but if you still insist, I'll try to refine the content a bit because this is not an adult-fiction themed story. Okay, now for the part people requested me to do.
Random fact:
I love the colors, purple and orange.
Comment what your favorite colors are. I hope this makes the interaction easier.
Follow me on Twitter: @torridtides.
Thanks a lot for your time. I love you all and sorry if I irritate you people 🙈)

-------------

"Ahem..." I heard someone cough behind us sarcastically and I pulled away from my man. I turned to look behind me and looking at them, my eyes popped out. I struggled to create distance between the two of us. Yet, Manik was still shamelessly holding me close to him, not giving a damn about anything. I was hell embarrassed. I looked at the ground, withdrawing my hands from Manik and fiddling with the hem of my sleeve.

"Arre... roka kyun? Kitna acchha scene chal raha tha. Main bhi kuch sikh leta dekhte dekhte." Cabir spat, his words coated with sheer sarcasm. I flushed.

"Cabir..." Manik warned, in a dangerous tone. Well, if he thought he could scare Cabir away, he was so wrong.

"Manik, kuch sharam karo yaar. Public place hai yeh! Vaise thodi der wait nahi kar sakte? Itna desperate hai tu?" Mukti giggled and Alya joined along. I didn't like Alya much, right from the start. While I felt everyone else were making attempts to be on good terms with me, I felt her still intervening in my life with Manik.

"‪Kya kiss maarta hai tu, saale!" Cabir gasped in awe and my jaw dropped. I gawked at my husband, hoping he'd cover up for us. Manik cleared his throat, subtly rolling his sleeves up to seem aggressive.

"Cabir... main thappad bhi bahut acchese se maarta hu. Khaayega?" He growled. Manik caught hold of Cabir's shirt, giving him the 'Manik Malhotra' glare. Cabir scrunched in worry.

"Didiiii... apne Bhai ko bachalo tumhare iss violent pati se." He faked a cry and the girls teamed up against me too. Dhruv was more like a non-existent person. He never played dirty pranks, involved himself in Fab 5's lame jokes and was more of the support for everyone.

"Stop it, Cabir! Manik..." I placed my hands on his chest protectively and Manik's face tilted down at mine. I was like a little girl, short and more of a big mouth than anything else. Manik's fiery eyes glued onto mine, innocently gaping at me. It was probably one of the most beautiful moments of my life with him. Probably I was falling deeper in love.

I was the playful one in our relationship, for the most part. He took care of me, pampered me and did everything he could to keep me happy. From the time I knew I loved him, we weren't really serious. Hell yeah, we were cute, adorable and couple goals but yet, we weren't serious. We relied on the fact that our marriage kept us together. We had no reason to bond further and work on our relationship or so I thought.

That moment, just looking into his eyes, I knew I meant the world to him. Just by the blink of his eyes, I could tell what disturbed him. It was not until recently that I realized, Manik and I were getting closer as the days passed. More intense, less that-physical, more passionate, mature and overall, loving more.

Manik released his grip on Cabir. His friends smiled at us, especially Cabir. After all, he knew our petty fights, our lame tricks to get close; in fact, he was our counselor for the most part. Amongst all of Manik's friends, I think Cabir takes the most effort in accepting his friends for who they are. Mukti and Alya still aren't that comfortable talking to me and Dhruv, he never talks. I'd miss Cabir the most.