11 : are you scared? •

(A/N: Hey! Here you go with today's update. I understand if you guys can't vote/comment but I really would appreciate if you could ❤️ Thanks!)

Status: Edited

<<<>>>

"Nandini... Nandini... Nandini..." I heard a familiar voice calling me and I put a fluffy frog cushion over my head.

"Shut up. Mujhe sone do." (Let me sleep.) I put the pillow over my head and covered my ears with it.

"Nandu..." He ran his fingers along my arm and I realised I wasn't dreaming anymore. Shit! I jumped up. Manik was sitting next to me, smirking.

"Tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?" (What are you doing here?) I looked at the window again to see if I had left it open. I sighed.

"Chalo. Get ready fast. You need to go shopping with Mom. And yeah, what's your number, love?" I cringed my eyebrows in disgust. He knew exactly what to say to tick me off. His chuckles filled the room. Ayyappa... He composed himself after a couple of moments and tilted his head for an answer.

"Wh-why... do you... need... my number?" I asked, moving backwards as he leaned closer to my lips. A smirk unfolded on his lips and he bent closer to me.

"Because..." He whispered, in a seductive tone, leaning closer to me while I crawled backwards on the bed.

"Because?" I muttered.

"I..." He said against my lips and the door began to throb.

"Nandini... Nandini, wake up. Darwaza kholo." It was Amma shouting. I immediately pushed Manik away. Shit, I had to hide him somewhere. Amma would kill me if she figured Manik sneaked in through the window. I ran around the room with him, searching for any place big enough to accommodate a six foot tall, well-built man. 

"Manik, come here." He protested. I opened the window and made him stand where he usually stood.

"Stay here aur jab tak main na bolun, hilna mat." (Stay here and don't move, until I tell you.

He grasped my wrist. "What will I get in return?" Raising his eyebrows, he leaned in. 

"What do you want?" 

"Come on Nandu... You can't be so innocent." He said, running his fingers through my hair. I'm so done with this man, I swear.

"Yeah okay. I'll give you my number. Now shut up for a few minutes." I closed the window and covered his frame up with the curtains.

"Nandu..." 

I went to the door, stretching my arms like I'd just woken up. "Haan..." Amma barged inside and went straight to my dresser. Thank God I didn't think of hiding him in my closet. She was dressed in a beautiful royal blue saree. She wore some of my jewellery while I kept glancing at the window every few seconds.

"How does this look?" She asked, showing me a necklace and I sighed.

"Nice. But what's so special?" Amma smiled and held my hand.

"Appa is taking me for a date today. And you know na his favourite color is blue? That's why I am getting ready." Even after 25 years of marriage, Amma and Appa had the same love they once had for each other. They still went to romantic movies together, went on dates, surprised each other with gifts and never hesitated to express their love. I, on the other hand, was stuck with Manik, who hated me. My life was gonna suck in a few more days.

"Okay chalo. I am going. Just make breakfast for Rishu aur tum bhi khao. Manik would be coming soon. Jaldi ready ho ja. Shopping jaana hai. Rishabh ko bhi leke jao." (Just make breakfast for Rishu and make sure you eat too. Manik would be coming soon. Get ready quick. We've to shop too. Take Rishabh with you.) Her hand pressed into mine before she left with a beaming smile.