Chapter-19: Tease With Expertise

(A/N: The response I am receiving for this story is overwhelming. Thank you so much guys. It means a lot to me. This is the longest update in this story so hopefully, you guys like it. I have given my best. I don't want to drag the ceremonies but at the same time, a wedding is a one-time occasion in everyone's life so it should be a little interesting na? Hope it's not boring you guys. Vote and comment again and I will update as frequently as I can. Okaythanksbye.)

------------

I was teased like hell the entire day after that. I got all sorts of weird comments about Manik. He is so romantic. Oh, I wish he was mine. Somewhere I felt happy that I had something people dreamt of. But at the same time, I felt like telling them, you know what, you can keep him. He is such a pain.

After he sang for me, the photographers asked me to get ready for the photoshoot. I had hardly seen anyone from Manik's family and perhaps even mine since the time we got here. The photographer asked us to pose alone first and then as a couple and Manik took advantage. He held me in cozy positions and I had to fake a smile in the camera. In fact, most of the people in the hall were clicking pictures of us. The photographer also gave us some poses and it was hard to know which camera to look at with all those phones around. Navya also grabbed my phone and clicked some snaps.

"Nandu, you guys look so good together. Besides, who told who to wear these colors?" Navya teased and I just shrugged.

"You both are like an ideal couple." I got a few compliments from some aunties and I just put up a fake smile.

"Nandu, chalo. You need to get ready for the Sangeet. Come." Amma pulled me inside our allotted room and I looked clueless. She shut the door and got my dresses out. This time they were all lehengas. Crap.

"I think the purple and yellow one looks good. Even this beige one looks good. You choose one quick." I glanced at the attires. The beige and royal blue one looked good. The blouse was velvet and royal blue in color. The skirt was mainly cream and adorned with blue and gold sequins. I picked that one and Amma left with the other dresses.

I closed the door and changed into the skirt

I closed the door and changed into the skirt. I wore the blouse but I needed someone else to fasten the hooks. I quickly dialed Amma's number. Nobody answered. I dialed Navya's number. Not reachable. What? I tried again but in vain. I unlocked the door and peeped. I couldn't find anyone I knew awake. Obviously, there was a sangeet and that meant people had to be awake the entire night. Just then my phone rang. I expected it to be Navya but no. It was Manik.

"Manik, I need help." I blurted and waited for his answer.
"Huh? Wait. What happened?"
"Nobody knows about yesterday and I need someone to help me with my blouse." I just put it in straight words. I couldn't believe I just said that to a man.
"Oh okay. So do I come in?" He, being the shameless being he was, obviously suggested the worst way.
"I need someone's help. Can you ask one of your friends?" I reframed my sentence and he looked around.
"They aren't here. Honestly, I don't know where they are."
"Fine then." I hung up.