Chapter-61: You And Me?

(A/N: I wrote this part really quickly only because you guys insisted and it's lengthy so I haven't even gone back to edit and check any mistakes or anything. Please please drop your feedback because I've done this just for you all, and it's not done if you guys don't tell me how this part is 😩🙊 I hope it's pretty good. From this part on, things are gonna get really awesome, I guess. So stay tuned. 😋 Vote and comment please, even just a word is fine, it means a lot. ❤ Tons of love.)

-----------

I walked slowly into the classroom, lost in thought. It was the break before the second lecture and I dragged myself to my seat; welcomed by an excited Navya. "Teek ho tum? Itna late kyu kar dia?"

"Voh... Manik ghar aaya tha kal raat." I mumbled in irritation, loud enough for just her to hear.

"Whoa! Baat hui kya usse? Kya bola usne? Sab teek toh hai? Nahi toh uss saale ki na..." She pulled her phone out and I snatched it from her.

"Navya, rehne do." I pleaded. I really didn't want Manik to do anything. I was sick and tired of him because every time I saw him, we ended up fighting.

"Nandini, you're in so much pain. How is he not seeing that? He can't be so selfish!" She was literally cursing him to death and why not? Any best friend would do that.

"Leave na, Navya. I've also hurt him a lot." I faked a smile and she shook his head in disbelief.

"Nandini, you had a damn reason! He doesn't and if he cannot understand your story... He's an idiot. He's behaving so reckless. Does he think this is a joke? It's not."

"Nav..." And even before I knew it, she'd taken the phone away.

"Nahi, hadd hai matlab! Itne din toh hum aaye nahi college; varna I would've killed that man! You just wait and watch..."

"Navya, relax... please?" Just then, our phones buzzed. I checked to see who it was. The last person I wanted to talk to was Manik.

*Cabir: Match at the ground. Now.*

"Hume jaana hai..." She stated and I nodded. If not Manik, for Cabir, I'd go. Cabir is as important to me as Manik was. I ran down the stairs with Navya and approached the college court. On the seating arena, a little more than half the seats were occupied. Navya and I stumbled into one of the front rows and instantly, I spotted Manik with his long hair swept back by a bandanna. His jersey read '6' 'Manik'. He looked so damn hot with that sleeveless jersey, his muscles popping out, sweat glistening on his skin, his stubble a little more pronounced as he howled loudly, scoring their second goal.

"4-5... Guys, last 20 minutes!" The coach of our college encouraged and Manik's fingers brushed his lip; sweating profusely.

"Dekh bhai, bees minute hai; agar hum jeet gaye, maan lena voh tumse bahut pyaar karti hai." Cabir whispered to him and I just tried to look away. I tried to engage in a conversation with Navya but she was so engrossed in the match, she hardly paid attention to me.

"Ghanta!" Manik rolled his eyes.

"Aakhir karegi kyun? You're such an asshole to her. You're really not behaving yourself anymore. This 'breakup' has traumatized you or something. Where is that Manik who loved her like crazy? Where is that Manik who protected her even when she wasn't his? You weren't so careless before, Manik. She's meant a lot to you even when you guys were at each other's heads. What's happened to you now? Can you for once give it a thought and tell me what you really feel for her and what you're doing about it?" It was the wrong timing, given they had to strategize themselves to win. Manik blankly stared at Cabir. Generally, Manik had really good focus for sports at least. He was so determined and dedicated to it. Ever since I left, anything concerning me bothered him, even when he was playing. "Socho socho, 20 minute baaki hai!"