Chapter-39: One Lucky Girl

(A/N: Yolo girls. Okay so many of you were asking if the story ended there. The answer is NO. There's a lot to show and maybe if I end it abruptly, it is certain you'll get a new season to read. So yeah, until then enjoy and relish MaNan. Yesterday was KYY anniversary and such a beautiful day in my life and in regards of that, I have written a new Five Shot called Like a Love Song. So if you guys can, please do read it and drop your votes and comments there too. Thanks. Love, your writer.)

-----------

We came down from our high and were panting. Both of us were snuggled in the not-so-cozy blanket with me in his arms and his arms around me. I'd never felt more relieved and less self conscious about myself in forever. Getting drunk really relived me from all the stress I had. I kept ripping the garlands off the bed and wrapping the threads of flowers with immense concentration on Manik's bracelet and he smiled, watching me while I tried to whistle and pretend to be the person I was lying in front of.

"Nandini, kya kar rahi ho?" He whispered in my ear as he pulled me closer and tucked my hair strands carefully behind my ear. I was too busy to care about what he said.

"Manik..." I called in the cutest tone as I was still focused on getting the flowers attached to it.

"Hmm..."

"How many kids do you want?" I asked without making eye contact as I was in the trance of the fascination that was before me.

"Ek already hai." He nuzzled into my ear and I shrugged him off.

"Huh? Tum pagal ho? Ek raat main hi sab kuch nahi hota. Complications bhi hote hai sometimes. Sometimes consistent effort chahiye hota hai." I tried to explain like I was the teacher and he was my student but I could just say I ended even before I'd started. Male ego.

"Haan haan, maine kab kaha ki tum pregnant ho? Mujhe bhi pata hai okay? 10th main padha tha and that was the only Bio chapter I paid attention to, in 10th." He smirked naughtily and I widened my eyes. I covered my mouth scantily and made weird expressions.

"Cheeee Manik! Tum bahut gande ho. Cheeee." I slapped him and he began giggling. I closed my eyes and hit him and he pulled me closer.

"Arre... Mera matlab tha ki tumhari harkate bacchho se kam nahi hai." He slid his hand from around my body to my waist and then lower and I shoved his hand away.

"Chee chee gandoo." I scooted away from him but almost immediately, the other side of the bed was freezing cold and I needed the warmth back. I frowned and he pulled me onto himself.

"Oh Madam, it's an expression of love. Pyaar main yeh sab ganda nahi hota." He tried to justify and it was true but what struck my mind made LITERALLY no sense to what he said because both Manik and I already knew the answer.

"Tum mujhse pyaar karte ho?" I pouted and he frowned. He had just showed me how much he did love me and I was still acting dumb.

"Nandini..." He warned and I sighed.

"Haan karte ho." I stuck my tongue out and pecked his lips. I muttered a 'sorry' and hugged him as I drifted into sleep.

***

I woke up with one hell of a hangover. My head was throbbing hard and I couldn't sleep further. I dug my face into his back and felt something warm. I looked up to him to see him shirtless. I immediately jumped to the other side and to my knowledge, I was naked too.

I flushed into a deep shade of red. Okay, now I was certain we did something because the pandit said so but the question was, how? I tried to pull the sheets over me so that I could cover myself but then, Manik was tugging onto it so tight. Half his body had tucked the sheets under it and one of his arms were loosely wrapped around me. I tugged it further in protest, and he held it tighter.