Chapter-50: Tiffs And Cuffs

(A/N: Yaay! New update! Okay, I won't waste much time. The first ever interview of mine will put up on @lovepersonified106's account, The Writer's Touch is the book's name. If you wanna check it out, go for it. Keep smiling. Vote, comment and share. Tons of love.)

---------------

Manik woke up the next morning, way earlier than me. It was one of those cute moments in my life that I pretended to be asleep just to see what he did while I slept. My hand was tucked under my head, with the duvet, stuck to my chest to cover my naked body. He hazily looked at me, pecking my nose and playing with my hair.

"You're so beautiful, Nandini. I just don't know what I did to deserve you. Sometimes I'm just so grateful to God, I wanna shower all and much more of my love for you on you. I go a little overboard sometimes, but it hurts me to hurt you." He whispered and my heart felt so warm. He was such a pure soul. Immaturely matured. It was bliss to see him treating me like I was a precious, delicate gem. He loved me way too much.

I waited and listened to his voice, the song he was humming, every gesture of his, recording it while I pretended to sleep.

"I love you so much. I cannot express in words how much you mean to me. You might find it stupid, even lame, that I love you this much. It may seem like a lame teenager thing, that'll fade off over time but Nandini, trust me, what I feel for you, it'll never ever die." He said with such assurance, it couldn't be more real to me. Never had anyone cared that much to assure me about something, even as petty as friendship. "You know what I love about you the most? The fact that you'll always fight for what you deserve, fight for the right and fight it right. You can never be easily broken and an emotionally strong you binds a weak-hearted person like me along." He placed a soft kiss on my forehead and I snuggled into him, as he engulfed me in his strong, secure arms.

"You're just everything I need. Really. The first thing I see when I wake up is you and the last thing I see before I sleep is you. I constantly want to be around you because when I'm with you, time flies so quickly. I love you more than Jack loved Rose, more than Edward loved Bella; I won't say Romeo and Juliet because it's classic and cliché and just doesn't fit the practicality of the present." He giggled and I fluttered my eyes open, acting like I'd just woken up.

"Good morning, love." He pressed his forehead onto mine with a giggle and I squirmed closer to him, pecking him just under his lip.

"Morning, Manik." I greeted with a cute, half-asleep smile and he gather me into his arms, with just the duvet between the two of us. I could feel his chest muscles thumping and I smirked as I felt a part of his body press into mine.

"How are you feeling?" He held me securely in his arms, gripping my waist.

"I'm fine, Manik. You don't have to worry. Nothing you do can hurt me. Plus, it isn't the first time, right?" I planted a soft kiss on his bare chest and he jerked me upwards, to keep me closer to him.

"I know but, are you sure? Don't just say 'you're fine' because of me."

"I'm seriously okay." I smiled, pecking the corner of his mouth teasingly. I smirked seeing him distressed and the sudden surprise.

"Alright then." He huffed as he turned me under him, holding my arms with his and locking my legs with his. He leaned down and breathed softly over my shoulder and I threw my head back, turning away in pleasure. It was his turn now, to tease me and embarrass me and that was exactly what he did. I was lying on the bed, anticipating some proximity but all he did was watch me behave desperate and then laugh hard.