Chapter-46: Kitchen Knockouts

(A/N: Heyyo girls. I hope I am not too late. Well, it is kinda midnight but yeah, sorry to keep you all waiting. So just one question, who do you think is right this time? Who do you choose? Team Manik? Or Team Nandini? Comment below and let me know or tweet me your opinion.
Twitter: @torridtides
Drop your votes too, please? It really makes me wanna write. Loads and loads of love.)

------------

I undressed myself quickly and began changing into casual clothes. I was really annoyed at him. I slipped on a sleeveless coral pink top and black jeans. I just didn't want to be there with him. It was still just 10 a.m. and even if I'd leave then, I would be able to make it before the second class. No talking, no looking at him, okay? I said to myself as I packed my bag for college. I threw it over my shoulder, grabbed my phone and purse and left the room.

I ran down the stairs as fast as I could, ignoring Manik's consistent hails for me to respond, confident enough to push past him, for I knew he wouldn't be able to follow behind, with his 'so-called' baby at home. I pushed myself out of the house and walked away to grab an auto-rickshaw.

For some reason, as soon as I got inside, tears began to roll down my cheeks. It felt really painful to see Manik not even try to stop me. I suddenly felt less important to him and it hurt so much to even think about it, my assumptions.

The rickshaw came to a halt outside the college. I quickly paid the guy and rushed into the campus. I'd rejected and muted all of Manik's phone calls. I was just too upset and if he ever knew I was crying, he would create ruckus, as usual.

I paced through the corridors real quick and popped my head into class. Only a few girls and guys were there. Thank God I am on time! I said to myself and took a seat beside Navya. She saw my teary eyes and began to interrogate.

"Nandini, tum ro kyun rahi ho? Sab teek hai? Tere aur Manik ke beech kuch hua?" She grabbed my arm to make me face her and maybe for the first time, I found a similarity between Manik and her, which made me sadder than I already was.

"Nahi toh... Main teek hun. Bas mujhe dust se allergy hai." I shrugged, trying to act phlegmatic but she wasn't convinced. She placed her palm under her chin as she tried to read my expressions. I avoided eye-contact but not for long.

"Sure? Allergy se itni aasoon nahi aati hai!" She snapped and I sighed in helplessness. I huffed a huge breath. 

"Navya, I'm fine. I'm telling na?" I barked at her. I immediately regretted when I saw her smirking. God! Just then my phone started buzzing. As soon as I saw the contact name, I instantly tapped the 'Reject' option without even thinking about Navya's presence.

"Acchha... Toh Manik ka call answer karo na?" She spoke in a mockingly victorious tone and I pressed my lips together.

"Nahi karna mujhe. Navya, now will you stop or do I go find a different place to sit? Bol rahi hun na I am fine?" I roared and her face fell. I made a sympathetic face.

"Okay." She spoke softly and gave up, trying to help me. Why was I like that all the time? Whenever someone helped me, I pushed them away. I wrapped my hand around her wrist.

"Navya, sorry na? Don't be sad, please. I didn't mean to be rude. Voh bas Manik ka gussa tumpe nikal diya. I'm sorry." I confessed and she shot a faint smile that I reciprocated.

"Par hua kya hai?" I explained the entire story in short and she ardently listened to me. After I was done, I looked at her cluelessly.

"Oh the same baby, jiska naam tune Nina rakha. Voh kya logic tha... Haan... Manik ka Ni and Nandini ka Na?" She teased and I flushed. To avoid the embarrassment, I had to get back to being pissed off and that was something I couldn't pull off pretty well.