Chapter-53: Misses and Kisses

(A/N: Hello everyone. I think this part will be like a bedtime story because most of my readers are from India where it is now 11:11 exactly. So make a wish. 🙈 My wish is that tomorrow should be a beautiful day for you all ❤️️ Anyways, spread love and support. You can even follow me on Twitter.
Twitter: @torridtides.
Tap the ⭐️ button to drop me a vote and comment too, because it really makes me like writing for you all. Thank you.)

----------------

The house felt so empty. Manik was off to Cabir's place and I genuinely missed him. I glanced at my phone every two minutes to check the time, or for his calls or messages. I sprung on the couch and laid like Manik, swapping channels.

I unlocked my phone and tapped his number. Even before it connected, I cancelled the call. No, he is with his friends. They have a nightout. You can't disturb him and ruin it for him. I sighed and locked my screen.

I was suddenly feeling so bored, so tired and so lonely. I dialed Navya. We had a little conversation and then she came over, to keep me company.

"Hua kya hai? Tum aise kyu..." She pointed at my deranged outfit. If I were her, I'd laugh my ass off too.

"Voh, I caught a cold and Manik created a scene out of it." I shrugged in disappointment, suddenly missing his stupidity and his protective care.

"Aww..." She cooed and pulled my cheeks and I giggled.

"Haha... stop it!" I sat her on the couch with me. I sniffed as I turned towards her.

"You're really lucky, Nandini." I smiled and hugged her tightly.

"I miss him..." I whispered to myself, closing my eyes to imagine his presence. "What's up with your life?" My phone buzzed and I grabbed the phone hastily, eager for his message with a wide smile. 

*Do you want to upgrade your postpaid plan to...*

I didn't bother reading the rest. The smile on my face disappeared. I really missed Manik. I chucked the phone beside me.

"Cabir..." I cut her off even before she started. Let's be realistic, Cabir is noway going to choose Navya over all the other people in the planet. Their thoughts don't really sail on the same boat. I got up to get some food.

"Navya, don't you think you're aiming a little too high? Like Cabir ain't going to consider our existence, not even mine until Manik and I became a couple." I stated as a matter-of-fact. I brought some chips and biscuits, as I sat back on the couch. No junk food. I heard his voice repeating in my head. Hmph! Who cares? I shoved some food down my throat.

"Yeah..." She sighed thoughtfully. My mind was just not into the conversation. I really didn't seem like I was paying attention. I was randomly forming sentences just to not seem like I zoned out.

"From when, and why?"

"I don't know. Anyways... let's make something. Let's bake." She jumped merrily. She stretched her hands out to pull me up. I was however not interested.

"Navya, I'm not in the mood." I shrugged and sagged in my place.

"Stop missing him. Spend time with me now." She nudged and I shook my head negatively.