12 : man's (not) hot •

(A/N: Yipee! 1500 followers. Thanks to everyone who made this possible. Loads of love to everyone. Love you all, my 1.5K family ❤️.)

Status: Edited
<<<>>>

My alarm went off at freaking five in the morning that day. My wedding was to begin. As much as I was annoyed, I had to admit, I was mildly excited too. Everything so far had been spontaneous enough to keep the thrill of the event intact. The new bride phase was also a beautiful phase, where I would be given special care, love and then have 2 families who would take care of me. I wanted that attention, even if it was only for a little while before I got trapped into Mr. Manik Malhotra's damn clutches.

I called for Amma the second I was minimally dress. She came in moments after to help me get ready. Amma, accompanied by Nyonika, draped me with a yellow lehenga saree.

I wore simple stone jewelry with yellow and clear gems, which Nyonika bought for me. My hair was done in a casual updo with a hair brooch and I had to admit I looked gorgeous.

"Wow Nandu

"Wow Nandu..." Appa came and looked at me. He pat my chin lightly. "You look beautiful Kanna." I looked at Amma and Nyonika and smiled.

"Acchha chalo. You guys finish the ceremony. Vahan Manik ko bhi tayyar karna hai. And waking him up is a herculean task." (Alright then. You guys finish the ceremony. There I need to ensure Manik is ready.) Nyonika said with a light chuckle and Amma and Appa smiled. For a moment, the thought of him, a douchebag of a man, cuddled up like a baby in his sleep crossed my mind and a small smile appeared on my face.

My relatives engaged me with games and some talk after Nyonika's departure. Most children were still asleep, but not babies! They were all over the place! It struck 7:30 on the clock and I sighed, amazed for handling myself with all these adornments for half an hour. That's like an achievement for me.

***

"Kamine, uth ja ab." (Idiot, wake up now.) Cabir slapped Manik's arm and Manik pulled his blanket over, muttered a few abuses and turned to the other side.

"Yaar, kya hai yeh? He needs to get ready in less than an hour and look at this guy. Poor Nandini..." (Dude, what is this?)

"Screw her dude. She had a choice and she fucked up. Now if I am going to hear her name again, I swear I'll punch your face." He dug his face into the pillow.

"Nandu..." Cabir screamed into Manik's ear and Manik shot up, got out of his bed and held Cabir's neck in a strangling manner.

"Saale. Problem kya hai teri?" (Jerk! What the hell is your problem?) Cabir faked a few coughs and breaths, pretending to suffocate to death. The others watched the banter between the brothers silently.

"Manik, go get ready. You don't have time." Nyonika passed by, giving Manik a final warning and Manik, being Mama's boy, sighed and went to the washroom. His friends teased him a little for being such a wuss but he didn't bother himself too much with them.