Chapter-66: Rays of Rejoice

(A/N: Hey hey! Okay I really need suggestions on what else you guys wanna see in this story, okay? Also, special shoutout to @paperchase6 for her spam on MTMM! Thank you so much sweetie 😭❤️ I'm so happy I have such wonderful readers. Vote comment share and and... suggestions please! 😂😭 Enjoy now!)

————————

It was beyond midnight. I was eagerly waiting for Manik to make his appearance. I'd baked him a cake on my own and made him some chicken biriyani with much difficulty. Anything for Manik though. I wore a black saree with a traditional simple South Indian border, draping it after some struggles. Anyways, it was meant to be ripped off! The doorbell rang. I was excited! I peeked through.

"Hey Manik!" I flung the door open, quickly wrapping my arms around his neck, tightly. He looked over his shoulder to see me, and then smiled to himself, hugging me tighter. As if he was lost in the moment, he stepped back to reality, distancing us. I pulled him in and shut the door, slamming him against it.

I placed my hands over his chest, seductively aiming his lips. His breaths instantly changed pace, as his hands held onto my waist, digging his fingers through my bare skin. "Manik..."

"Hmm..." He was lost, completely.

"Khaana khaalo pehle?" He nodded blindly, abashed by being caught up in the moment. I scooped some food onto his plate and stood behind him, holding the knobs of his chair. "This is surprise part one!" I was overly excited. He was exceptionally quiet.

"Manik, sab theek hai?"

"Hmm..." I was certain he wasn't okay. I dropped myself on a chair beside him, grabbing his hand in mine.

"Jhoot bhi bahut safai se bolte ho!" I scowled, to add to his annoyance.

"Kaash tumse woh quality seekhta."

"Huh?" With that, I was forcibly pulled onto Manik Malhotra's lap-obviously most convenient place for him to handle both his loves-caging me between them. A sudden gush of hormones shot through my body. I clung onto his neck, adjusting some of my hair behind my ear shyly. His face jerked closer to me, as he tried to focus on his anger towards me instead. I was violently nudged again.

"Tumhe pata tha na, Cabir aur uss... Navya ke baare main?" He hissed at the mention of her name. I never thought Manik could hate someone so much. She'd given him tons of reasons to do so, too. I knew there was no point backing out. After all, I did know, and I did intend to tell Manik.

"Manik..." One of my hands slipped down from the back of his neck to his chest. I gently tapped my fingers on it, playing with his shirt hem and all—just to get Manik in a more controllable mood. He wasn't budging.

"HAAN... ki NAHI?"

"Haan par..." His facial expressions showed no happiness at the piece of information I'd claimed. Arre I'm being honest, consequences bhi kam karwaao yaar!

"Bataya kyoon nahi mujhe?" He blinked once as his chin pointed at my nose. It was his way of showing he was highly pissed off without exerting any physical power!

"Manik, maine promise..."

"Promise? Like seriously?" He rolled his eyes and made ridiculous faces to himself. I tapped his cheek angrily, justifying my point.

"I didn't want to be the one telling you. Your friend needed to. It would be wrong of me..." He went on shaking his head in disbelief. His tongue drew circles on the insides of his cheeks as he gave me the 'really' look!

"Nandini... tumhe mere doston ki itni fikr hai, family ki bhi itni fikr hai, mera kya Nandini? You didn't think about us, right?" He wasn't upset, he wasn't crying. He was just devoid of emotion—it was the most frightening side of him.