Chapter-16: Calls And Callouses

(A/N: Thanks a lot for making me get 150+ comments. Let me know what you think in the comments, I can look into improving too. Thanks!)

----------

"Nandini, what is that? Show me." He tried removing the jacket but I shrugged. I repeatedly tried to jerk him away and he had had enough. He pulled me towards him, making sure our bodies were touching and wrapped one arm tight around my waist tightly. He tried to lock my arms between our chests and he put the other hand under the jacket. I tried protesting but he passed a glare.

"Stand still for a moment, will you?" I rolled my eyes at him. He touched my bare back and a gasp escaped my lips. It sounded more like a cry.

"Does it hurt? I think it's bleeding." He tried to run his hand along but I pushed him away with all my force.

"I don't need anyone to care about me." I grabbed my clutch from the bar counter and despite his calls, I walked out. I didn't care about Navya anymore. I just walked towards my car. I wiped my fast-flowing tears and bumped into a person. I was tired of myself. I just wanted to go home and sleep.

"Nandini, are you fine?" He cupped my cheeks and I nodded slowly, without even looking. I knew who it was. He pulled me into his arms and wrapped his arms around me tight. "I'm sorry. I really am." He whispered into my ear and I couldn't stop crying.

"It's okay. I understand." I said, as I broke apart. He tried looking at me but I just walked away. "Madhyam, Navya's inside." I said without looking at him and got into my car. He ran back and opened the door.

"Where are you going? Come with me." He pulled my hand and I refused. I really wanted to go home. I looked through the windshield and saw Manik clenching his fists tight. I immediately got out and walked with him inside.

"Nandini, it's bleeding, damn it. It's gonna hurt." He tried stopping me but I snapped back.

"Not more than how much you hurt me." I walked inside without looking at him again and I heard him kicking a rock. I showed Madhyam the way but I was losing balance. Madhyam looked at me suspiciously and I tried to act like I was okay. We went to the empty party hall again and the sight shocked me. Navya was on Cabir's lap and the others were laughing their asses off. I looked at Madhyam and he looked all the more shocked.

"Navya!" He shouted and she lazily looked at him. He stomped towards her in a couple of steps and grabbed her hand and dragged her out of there. He put her into the backseat of my car and he took the driver seat. Manik looked at me and I completely ignored his presence. Madhyam drove us to Navya's house. Neither of us said a word. He secretly put her in her room and came back to the car.

"Umm... Nandini?" He asked with a little doubt clear in his voice.

"Hmm..."

"What was Navya doing with that guy there? Is she interested in him?" I looked at him. He was heartbroken looking at them like that. Just how I felt when that idiot kissed her.

"I don't know, Madhyam. I don't even know how to sort my life here." I sighed as a tear escaped my eye. Somehow the topic we were discussing was so relatable to what had happened to me a few minutes ago. He looked at me suspiciously.

"Are you okay?" I nodded and smiled faintly. "You don't love Manik, do you?" He shot the question and my eyes focused on him. I didn't know what to say. Of course I didn't love him. He brought out the worst in me. But I couldn't tell him that. I would sound weak. He would take advantage of it.