Chapter-59: Chemistry or Chemistry?

(A/N: Hey girls and guys! 🙊 Since you guys were DAMN eager for the next part, I have managed to write one part. Also, thanks for understanding the situation. :) If the response is good, I'll post the next part tonight! 😍 Okay now go read and let me know if you like it! Love you all tons. Vote and comment okay? Okay now read!)

---------------

I strolled from the airport, weak and tired. So much happened on that honeymoon. Honeymoon wasn't even sweet enough. I felt good about revealing everything that's been bothering me for a while. Our relationship began on a lie, what good could come out of it?

I needed to be with my parents and family. They needed me the most. Of course I'd consider being with Manik but he never chose me.

I got into a cab, and got straight back home. I stared at the main door for about 10 whole minutes before ringing the bell. All that was running in my head was fear, guilt, and broken trust.

"Amma..." I gleed as soon as I saw her at the door. I hugged herimpatiently and she put a hesitant arm around me. I broke apart and smiled at her with tears in my eyes.

"Yahan kyu aayi ho?" I heard my father's voice and my heart dropped. He'd never been that cold to me ever. I could understand though, I'd lied to him. Manik and I lied to them.

"Phirse jhoot bolne aayi hai." My brother yelled from inside and suddenly, my own house seemed so foreign to me. I knew I shouldn't have come there but I didn't have anywhere else to go anyways. Plus I needed to be around them, to settle things with them.

"Rishu..." Amma warned and moved aside, letting me enter the house. I stepped into the house in a simple salwar, smudged vermillion, a wedding chain, a ring on my left hand and toe-rings, but above all that, the unusual atmosphere was because of the tension between us.

"Nandini..." He called in a moderate tone, the one filled with affection and love. For a moment I got happy. "Apne kamre main jao..."

"Appa..."

"Go to your room, Nandini." He spat, and I quietly went upstairs, to the room that was once mine. It was neat and clean. My closet was empty, the dresser was devoid of stuff, it felt homely but eerie.

"Jhoot kyu bola, Nandini? Itna bharosa kiya hum sabne..." Amma was the only one behaving neutral with me. She was affected too, but she knew I needed her really and that helped a little. She sat on my bed and signaled me to lie on her lap. I slowly snuggled my way, placing my head on her lap. Tears streamed down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Amma. Unhone..."

"Unke baare main baat nahi kar rahi hu main..."

"Anyways, Manik aur main... hum saath nahi hai ab." I sniffed as he ran her fingers through my hair.

"Kya hua?"

"Humare beech jo bhi hai, humare beech ka hai. Please..."

"Toh aayi kyun?" My brother scolded. I didn't like the way they were all behaving. I felt so alone in this world so huge, without Manik by my side.

"Rishabh... this is her house too... tum jab tak yahan rehna chahti ho, reh sakti ho." Amma said, with an expressionless face. She placed my head carefully on the bed. I was lying in the middle, curled into a ball. She pulled the sheets over me.

"Thanks, Amma." She walked away without even looking at me.

"Nyonika Mom ko pata hai kuch?"

"Nahi."

"Please don't tell her. Manik se nahi hoga. Please..." I pleaded. After all, that was why we'd parted. My mother saw the helplessness in my eyes and sighed.