Chapter-35: Guilt-Ridden

(A/N: Back again. Okay, now I know many of you might be disappointed with the fact that this story is gonna end. So here's good news for you all. I'm planning to continue the story, with a few excerpts and stuff to bridge the gap between the end track and the leap. Again, I'm not really sure about it. I might just go ahead and continue with this 🙈 so kindly excuse this confused mind for now.)

------------

"Ugh. Just stay here. I'll be back." I nodded and he walked out of the room. He paid the bill and slammed the door onto the delivery boy's face and I chuckled. He cursed him a couple of times as he came back to the room.

"Tumhe toh bahut hasi aa rahi hai?" He frowned and I made faces at him. I grabbed the carton box from him, and smelled the box.

"Pizza!" I spoke dreamily as I licked my lips in happiness. Manik smiled at me and pulled out a slice for me. He fed it to me and I fed him the same slice back. "Happy Birthday." I stuck my tongue out playfully to get some of the cheese from the pizza that got stuck just above my lip and he chuckled. Manik leaned closer, placed his thumb just above my lips, and pulled the cheese.

***

It was a few minutes past midnight and I was still sitting and reading my books. These days, I hardly studied at home and not to forget, I had a difficult subject to crack, unlike Manik and his Arts. So far, so good.

"Nandu, turn the lights off please? I wanna sleep. I'm shit tired." He whined for the 12th time in the past hour and I got irritated. I slapped him playfully.

"Manik... Padhne do. Vaise bhi tumhari vajah se class main toh main concentrate nahi karti and if you've forgotten, then let me remind you, my subject is Science. It's harder than yours." I looked back at my book after giving him a piece of my advice and he rolled to look at me.

"So what? It doesn't matter if you're a Science student or not. In fact, I'd be happier if you'd just stay home, take care of the house instead of working but yeah, you have your dreams. I'm not telling anything about that. Do that tomorrow na? Come sleep." He tried to get me to listen to him and as such, even I was a little tired. I closed my books, put them into my bag and came back. I turned the main light off, so now only the dim bed lights were on. I got into the duvet and sat up.

"Happy now?" He smiled and nodded. I reached to turn the light off but he insisted to leave them on for now. I snuggled into the bed and he pulled me to him.

"So Nandini..." He started and I smiled.

"Hmm?"

"Tell me... What do you feel about me?" He questioned and I turned towards him. I looked at him.

"What do I feel matlab? Tum acchhe ho. You're sweet. You care a lot about me. Tum ek acchhe dost ho. Aur bahut gussa karte ho." He frowned as I complained to him about himself and I smiled sheepishly.

"Aur kuch?"

"Aur kuch kya?" I made a cute face and he sighed. He turned the lights off.

"Kuch nahi. Good night." He turned to the other side and I seemed confused. I turned to the opposite side, and lost myself in thought.

What did he expect me to say? What was I going to say anyways, apart from this? Maybe I felt something for him, but it wasn't something I could put my finger on. It was a feeling far beyond what I felt for Madhyam and maybe that's why, it felt unfamiliar. I just sighed and closed my eyes, welcoming sleep to take over.