Chapter-55: Goals With Holes

(A/N: Hey. So I have exams starting tomorrow and also I was on a vacation so hence, the update was delayed. I'm so sorry and I know I make a lot of excuses but kya karun? 🙈 Thanks for being patient though. Means a lot to me. So because of my busy schedule, I'll post a part daily, but they'll be very short. Hope it's okay. ☹️ Tons of love. Thanks again.
Twitter: @torridtides
Thanks again. Vote and comment please?)

-------------

"Manik, we're finally here!" I gleed, as I looked at the city through the windows of the aerobridge. Supposedly, the airport was called Tullamarine Airport. Well, that was some information. I was so excited, I'd practically done a makeover before the landing, so that we looked fresh and happy.

"For the first time, without those lame bangles, you look like a perfect foreigner." He whispered closely into my hair. I slapped him and giggled as I stepped my first step onto the city. Well, practically, it was! I was blown away at first sight.

"Excited, are we?" I adjusted my camera and clicked pictures of the city from there, marking it as our first step into Melbourne; almost ignoring Manik's words. I was completely in awe with the country. From above those skies, it looked just as beautiful. India was altogether a different experience, I couldn't compare them. Manik stood on the opposite side of the aerobridge, smiling at me while I focused at getting perfect pictures, to add to our travel journal.

"Excuse me? Could you click a picture of us?" I asked a random passerby and he politely obliged to do so. I handed my camera over and ran over to Manik. "Thanks. Manik, aao yahan jaldi." I grabbed his arm and pulled him along with me. My man yawned and followed me like a puppy, clutching my hand tight.

I wrapped my arms around Manik's arm, smiling wide for the camera and almost immediately, he became alert. Of course, what could you expect from a man like Manik, who's just waiting for a chance to display his love for me. He grabbed my waist protectively and pulled me into his chest. The flash on the camera blinked. 

"Thank you so much!" Manik took the camera from the man, tapping his shoulder in gratitude.

"Haha... no problem mate! Welcome to our country. Have a happy vacation."

We smiled and left to get our baggage and security check done. Standing in those long queues were irritating but troubling Manik, messing with his hair and hanging out with him made things smoother and less crankier for me. Given he was always there, to lift me and do things for me when I was lazy, I always had backup. As soon as we left the airport, a taxi arrived to pick us up. We hopped into the backseats.

"So aaj ka plan kya hai?" I flapped at him and he cringed.

"Aaj hum jaayenge hotel main, unpack karenge, nahayenge, khaayenge aur so jaayenge!" He paused to dramatize the 'schedule' that I was always obsessed with.

"Kitna bakwaas plan hai!"

"Aur kya karogi tum?"

"I want to go out, explore. Not stay here and sleep." I was pulled with a jerk, my hands landing on his lap. I widened my eyes at the sudden intimacy.

"Well, wifey, if you have forgotten, let me remind you... we're here for our honeymoon. Honeymoons are for couples who want privacy for what?" He murmured seductively against my lips, targeting them and approaching them with haste. I placed a hand in between the two of us and pushed him away.

"Stop it!" I chuckled and he sighed.

"Aur vaise bhi, tumhari tabiyat teek nahi hai. Strain mat karna tum."