6 : weird solace •

(A/N: Ah. Though I've been saying this for a long time now, I just can't stop writing. This story is so close to my heart and I really hope I did justice to this part though I wrote it in a hurry. Thanks for all your support guys. Love you all loads. Stay blessed and please vote and comment if you liked it.)

<<< Status : Edited >>>

Navya: Nandu, need to talk.

I saw Navya's message. I excused myself, telling Manik some stupid reason which perhaps he wasn't convinced with, either. I stepped out of the hall and went to a corner in the compound.

"Yeah tell." I turned around to look if anyone was watching and then shifted my focus to Navya.

"Are you seriously in love with him?" Navya asked and her question confused me at first. Who him? Madhyam? Or Manik?

"Who?" I asked, fidgeting with my attire and hoping nobody would see me there. The bride going missing in the middle of an engagement ceremony was the last thing I wanted to hear after all this mess.

"I mean, how can you fall for someone after Madhyam?" Navya looked confused and her expressions said that. Okay. So she did mean Manik.

"What do you mean?" I asked, just for the heck of it.

"Nandini Murthy has learnt to lie also. You are seriously not the Nandini I was best friends with. I bloody saw you kissing Madhyam." My gaze shifted to Navya after I heard her say I kissed him. It hurt me to actually think of that. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't get that moment out of my head. I saw Navya in tears. It must've hurt her so much to see her friend kissing her love.

"Voh... Navya, I love Manik." I tried to sound strong. I tried to make her feel better. But I couldn't. She looked at me with hatred. I'd realized I'd lost my last friend.

"Oh really? Gosh, you're such an attention seeker, Nandini. You faked your love for Madhyam and played with his feelings. How could you do that? And just as you saw a hotter, more handsome..." I couldn't take it anymore. How could she think like that of me? I couldn't stand it.

"Navya, please. I don't wanna talk about it. You won't understand me. I have to go now. Bye." I said, trying hard to control my tears. I couldn't face 500 people with a dull face. Especially not because of crying. I immediately walked away and straight to the washroom. I went into one of the stalls and stood behind the door of a stall.

I began to cry. I was in pain. I lost two important people around who my life revolved. Will I ever be able to trust my own judgements ever again? Perhaps this marriage is for my betterment. I'm getting married to someone I don't know, someone I have no preconceptions of. This time, it isn't your judgement. My subconscious reminded and I smiled. This could be the start of a new life. I chuckled to myself and stepped out.

"Nandu..." I closed my eyes and fisted my hand. I had to do what I didn't do the other day. The day he kissed me and ditched me. I raised my hand and punched him right across his face. His face experienced a massive blow and he held his jaw tight.

"Don't you dare come close to me, ever again. And dare you call me that anymore. You have no right to call me that." I screamed and stormed out of the washroom.

***

"Nah, I'm not doing anything of that sort. See dude, it's clear that I don't like her. She's just going to..." Manik was talking to Cabir, sitting in one corner of the hall with his beer.

"Jiju, Nandini is crying." My cousin approached Manik. Obviously, it had to be something suspicious. Me crying during my own engagement ceremony.

"Haan so?" He raised his eyebrows. "Wait... Did she like, reject the wedding?" He stood up and grinned.