Chapter-67: The Curtains Drop

(A/N: Hi y'all! This is a small update. I hope you enjoy this. Thank you all for your suggestions and support: by votes, comments and DMs! Much love to you all!)

———————

I was flabbergasted by his approach. We were bold sometimes, but mainly with each other. We didn't do such things in front of everybody. "Are you crazy, Manik? No! Not now!" I shyly clenched his hand, denying.

Did Manik look like he was going to give in though?

"Acchha, we'll go buy something for you!" I was distressed at his pressing intentions to get me stared at! I tried to pull the next best chord that would affect him.

"Sab dekhenge!" Possessiveness was something Manik was just born with. He couldn't tolerate other people being around me as much. He was territorial and sometimes, that's all so cute.

Manik didn't seem to budge to that either though. It looked like he'd made up his mind. He was sure about what he wanted. He just wanted to tease me.

"Raat main aayenge hum!" He winked, pulling me close again. I didn't want to get into Manik's trap. Yet, before I knew it, Manik lifted me off the ground and tossed me into the water with him effortlessly!

I began splashing the water in anger, and helplessness. I didn't like water, because I didn't know swimming. You could say I feared water too, but Manik was there. I didn't have to worry.

I still didn't like that he pulled me into the water. He was smirking, enjoying the view of a upset Nandini who was clinging to him, but also angry at him. He always loved to annoy me, it was something we loved to do to each other.

To add to my troubles, a kid who was swimming, caught onto my kurti while he bumped into my hipbone, making me yelp. Manik was testing my patience with his sniggers. He was having fun. I wasn't happy.

Manik pulled me towards him, his hand caressing my hip. His hand palmed the skin under my waist, gently massaging the affected area. To him, it was just an advantage to touch me. He could feel the heat I felt. He knew how much he meant to me. He was so special to me. He approached my lips slowly and steadily, captivated by them, especially the one round droplet that adorned my lower lip, due to all the splashing. He wanted to relish them, just as much as I wanted to feel his.

He came closer, and closer... and closer until I realized I was trembling because of the change in temperature. I pushed him gently, aware of the people around too. Manik nodded to himself, and reached out to my ear whispering, "Swimsuit khareedne chalte hai!"

***

Life was getting better. We were approaching the end of our semester, that wasn't very exciting. I was getting into class, with Manik by my side. I'd decided to get him to tag along with me because he just wouldn't study on his own at home. I needed to spy on him like a hawk.

He was happy that my mother was quite convinced with the way our parents spoke their problems out. Apparently Manik got scolded for not accepting our marriage was a lie, but Nyonika Mom was very supportive. She didn't misunderstand us like I feared: like my parents did. She just believed though it wasn't a real relationship then, over time, we got real.

Manik was clasping my hand, swaying it between the two of us. It was one of his last days in college and he wanted to spend it with me. I didn't have anyone else too, to be with me so Manik Malhotra had an advantage. I spotted Navya while I approached class, on the corridors. I called out for her and then informed Manik I'd join soon. "Navya, we have to talk." She wasn't in the mood for any discussion. I wasn't surprised.