Chapter-48: Dramatic-much?

(A/N: Eeks! I apologize for the delay girls. To compensate, I will be posting the next part of this chapter ASAP. Yeah, it's on priority. Hope you guys like this chapter. Be sure to follow me for private updates. :) Vote, comment and share. Thanks.
Twitter: @torridtides
Loads of love.)

---------------

Manik dressed the wound for me and I tried to get cozy with him, but he was clearly pissed at me. Such tricks always tended to make him worried and this wasn't just the first time it was happening.

"Kya hua?" I asked in a cute tone, making a cute face and Manik gave a death glare.

"Aur kuch hona baaki hai?" He howled into my face, to probably terrorize me of the consequences of me hurting myself. I frowned.

"Gussa phirse." I huffed and shrugged him off me and almost immediately, he tugged my arm, pressing the damp cotton on my wrist, cleaning the wound.

"Aur tumne apna haath jala di, phirse." He spoke under his breath, with a hint of arrogance. I put my hand on his shoulder, to support myself and at the same time, console him.

"Manik, stop na? Maine jaanbuchke kuch nahi kiya." I shook my head cutely as I made my point clear to him but he was just being so combative, shooting sarcastic comments and words that could best express his emotional state.

"Vahi toh, like there exists a word called 'careful' in Mrs. Malhotra's life." He flapped in the air as he rolled his eyes and went to get some bandage. He grabbed some bandage cloth and pressing the cotton to my wound carefully, he began wrapping my arm with the bandage cloth.

"Sorry." I said in a mere whisper and he grunted loudly, at least, loud enough for me to already know that it wasn't enough.

"I don't need it."

"Please, Manik. Bhaiyya..." I said in a animated tone and he stared at me and within a second, I was thrown on the bed with him over me, caging me tight within his body. His hand was pressed against my mouth to shut it and my eyes widened.

"One more time I hear that, I swear Nandini, I'll never talk to you again. Never ever." He made a hell serious face and I grimaced sorrowfully. It hurt when he didn't speak to me, not that I denied I was being overdramatic in our relationship.

This is the thing right, girls tend to adore it when their boyfriends care for them a little too much and when that happens, they feel pampered and hence, become more dramatic and overprotective because they want their boyfriend to themselves.

In a healthy relationship, the only issues are insecurity and overprotectiveness. Insecurity because probably someone will treat your loved one better than you and overprotectiveness because you want to ensure they are never harmed by anything or anyone.

"Toh maaf karo mujhe." I pouted cutely and he watched me for a moment and heaved pathetically.

"And there is a limit for being possessive, you know that, don't you?" He grit his teeth in anger and I pressed my lips into a commiserative smirk.

"Oh yeah? Okay, now suppose an uncle, elderly man, comes home and hugs me, you'll be standing there watching?" I cringed my eyebrows in doubt and he gawked at me. He thought for a moment and then answered.

"No?" It sounded more like a question but yeah, who cares. He looked so helpless, trying to justify himself.

"Then why? Why is it that girls can't react the way guys do? Why can't girls be bold, be strong, fight for themselves?" The feminist in me outraged in fury and there was no stopping there, even he knew that yet, he tried to tame me.