10 : sorry •

(A/N: Uff. Finally. Third update for the day. Don't forget to vote and comment :P Loads of love.)

Status: Edited

<<<>>>

Abhimanyu hugged me at the gate, while handing my bag over to me. Poor thing had come to drop me, just to spend a little extra time.

There, I had to face them again. A new day usually means a new surprise and needless to say, my life is full of surprises. I had more than enough reasons to support my argument. I wouldn't even be shocked if Manik proposed me today. Guess why? Because that's the worst thing that can happen to me.

Three pairs of eyes, like those of vultures, noted every movement of mine. Do I really need to mention? But there was something different about one of them. He always wore a cap, never indulged in sadistic activities like his jerk friends and hardly spoke. He was always with his guitar, alone, secluded from the rest.

"So you got your brother to scare us, eh?" Mukti pushed me like a rag doll and I fell to the ground, scraping my elbows. Everyone else smiled while I winced in pain. I bent my arms in random angles to have a look at my bruises. They were slowly bleeding. 

"Well if you don't know, Miss. Whatever, then let me tell you." I took a pause to stand up, dusting myself in their faces. "Only those who are afraid need support. To put it in simpler words, it's you idiots. You always have to stay together to protect yourself. Why? Cause you're scared of the world." I've never spoken like that to anyone. There was a nerve filled with vengeance inside my body for what their beloved friend confessed to me. I was gaining millions of people's attention. 

Manik made his entry in a slow, cautious motion. I don't think he was scared of me, just pompous. "And you, Mr. Manik Malhotra, get it straight into your head. No matter what you do, you cannot rule me. Get that? I can do whatever I want. You can't stop me." I snapped in front of his torso. I didn't bother to see whether or not he understood, that wasn't my business.

***

"When I say empathy, what comes to your mind?" Well, the opposite of empathy is Manik Mlahotra and his gang, that's for sure! 

I looked over my shoulder at Manik who was constantly whispering something to Cabir and annoying me. What were they doing in my life skills class? Did they not have courses of their own that they needed to pass? Honestly, if they spent all this gossiping time filing their reports, they would have more than enough time to finish their work. 

Another thing I should've been very thankful for was that Navya sat beside me and Madhyam was obviously with her. I wasn't lonely anymore, haha; snakes kept me company! 

"Yes, Navya."

"I think empathy is compassion. Feeling a person's emotional turmoil like your own." My inner self cracked up at her speech. She smiled and sat down, and Manik leaned in to throw in a few appreciative comments at her. Since when did these two become the best of friends?

"Thank you Navya. Three claps for her." Our counsellor was a nice middle aged lady, like that of a compassionate mother who treated every student at par with another. Divya Koshan took an hour of life skills for us on Thursdays every week. 

Manik stood up without warning, slipping his hands into his pockets. "I think empathy is when one doesn't show how affected they are by another person's concerns."

She made note of the keywords. "Could you please elaborate?"

"The difference between empathy and sympathy is that when you sympathise with someone, you feel pity for them. You express the pity you feel. That makes them the victim, and puts the sufferer down. Empathy is when the sufferer's problems are heard and understood, but they aren't victims. They are fighters. They are appreciated for being strong. Boasting about understanding a person spirals into sympathy."

Married To Mr. Malhotra #1 ✓ (2016)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara