Chapter-21: Misconceptions

(A/N: Hey! What do you people want in the next update? Let me know that too in the comments. Okay guys, I won't stretch further. If you think this part deserves it, do tap the star and please comment na? Ab ke liye I read each and every comment. Bas reply karne ke liye time nahi milta. But zarur karungi. Love you guys. Thanks a ton again.)

-----------

Manik's glare frightened me a little. I excused myself and followed him. He went to Zyrah's mother and got her sipper. He filled some orange juice in hers and gave it to her.

"Manik..." He ignored my call and went on talking to his baby niece. "Manik, I am talking to you." I reiterated in a louder tone than before. He gave Zyrah back to her mother and walked away without looking at me.

"Manik, stop." I raised my hand before him and he rolled his eyes. "You can't show me your attitude okay?"

"Isn't it clear when I walked away from there, that I don't want to see you?" He turned and I ran around him, trying to block him.

"What happened all of a sudden?"

"Let me state it clear to you. You want to marry me yet you aren't over your ex. What does that mean? You're cheating on me. If I am not wrong, I remember you taking a sip when the confession of betrayal popped up."

"Manik, why are you jumping to conclusions? Firstly, Madhyam and I are just best friends. Yeah we could've been together but I was the one who didn't approve. Yes. I rejected him. Madhyam and I are over now. Okay?" He rolled his eyes in dejection.

"Umm... Manik. Are you free now? I need to tell you something." Manik looked at me from the corner of his eyes. Given that he was already angry with me, he walked with a wide smile along with Alya.

Ayyappa, yeh ladka chahta kya hai? I stomped and followed them. I hid behind a pillar and watched them. I couldn't hear what they spoke but he looked excited and he hugged her tight. I stood there, unlike him of course, trying to decipher the situation.

"Alya you have no idea how much this means to me. Thank you." He pulled her for a hug again and she held him tighter. "Come, let's get something to drink." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and walked away with her, without even looking at me. My eyes flooded with tears but I didn't break down. Why would I? He can't break me.

I walked towards him faster than they were and pulled his arm along with me. He tried protesting but I had to deal with this for once.

"Nandini, what is wrong with you? Leave me." He tried to shrug me away but Nandini Murthy had her ways. I pulled him behind a wall.

"You love Alya right? You want to marry her, don't you? Of course, she is way prettier, more closer to you, your best friend. Do you need my help in..." He pulled my head towards his and put his lips on mine. I was motionless. I couldn't react. I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck, trying to hold him closer. I needed that assurance. I, then, knew what I had thought about them was wrong. He ran his tongue gently over my bottom lip and I opened my mouth. He turned me such that my back was against the wall. He slid his tongue carefully into my mouth and I gulped.

"Whoa! Whoa! What's going on here?" I heard some noises and Manik let go of me. He stepped back immediately and turned to see our friends standing there. Cabir, Mukti, Dhruv, Navya and Madhyam were standing before us. Perhaps they were searching for us. I shut my eyes in embarrassment and Manik pursed his lips to hide the act.