Chapter-24: Jerk vs. Genius

(A/N: Okay I think you guys will love this update. It's short yet really long, if you know what I mean. Aaaahhh! 190 bhi cross karli aap logo ne. Hats off to you guys. Seriously. So for your reward, I'm here with a new update. The beginning of their story. :) Vote and comment guys. Thanks a lot for all your love. Keep smiling. Xoxo.)

------------

He unlocked the door and we walked in. It was a little apartment, yet elegant with all the interiors complimenting the accent of the respective rooms.

"I can't believe this. You and I, staying together?" He started laughing, mocking me. After all, we had a little argument in the car again and he had to get back at me with his nasty comments.

"Now you must be scared, Nandu... Because we're alone here... And you can't even complain." He said in a creepy tone, playing with my hair and I made a disgusted expression, stepping away from him. He was back to the Manik he was, after our engagement. We were never normal around each other. It was always me acting weird, or he being opportunistic.

"I am not scared of you, Manik. You know that, don't you?" I said, in an equally intimidating tone but that wasn't going to shut him up. Moron Manik. He knew I would fight him anyways. What was it with his fake threats?

We stepped into our room in our new apartment. Gosh! That house was extremely luxurious. Wait. What? Just one bedroom? Damn! That meant I had to share a room with that jerk. To top it all, the bed was decorated with flower garlands which just added to the awkward situation we were in.

"Ooo... So we're going to share this bed huh? Now that's going to be some fun." Manik was known for perverted talk. One reason he disgusted me so much.

"Don't get your hopes high." I said, smirking. It was gonna be one hell of a life with him around. I was stuck with a jerk for the rest of my life. But it was high time to stop complaining and crying. It was my decision, and I had to fight for myself, rather than wasting time with an idiot.

"Let's see for how long you can resist 'The Manik Malhotra'." He said, with his hands in his pockets and an evil grin. He thought he was a Greek God? Well, like I said, he looked good. But overconfidence kills.

"Challenge accepted." I said as I faked a smile at him and he grunted. He walked into the room. He opened the closet and picked a tank top and some shorts. He began to unbutton his kurta in front of me. I gaped and then turned around, cursing him.

"What is wrong with you? There is a bathroom there. Why don't you change there?" I screamed and I could hear a chuckle.

"Why? Are you shy? Are you shy to see me?" He was such a tease. I knew he was doing all that on purpose. I felt my cheeks flush. I just excused myself and walked out of the room, shutting it closed behind me. I stood against the door and looked at the ceiling. Ayyappa, please help me through this hard night.

I heard the door click and before I could move, I felt his hand grasp my upper arm and he pulled me towards him. I almost fell on his chest and he shut the door behind me. I gasped and he looked at me deeply.

"You look so beautiful today." He whispered as he tucked my hair behind my ear. I shut my eyes tight as his fingers grazed on my face. He leaned closer and ran his nose along my cheek and breathed a soft, warm breath into my ear. My hands played with the neckline of his tank top and he withdrew. He looked at my face and a giggle escaped his lips. I shot my eyes open and pressing his smile, he signaled my hand with his eyes. I immediately took my hand back and embarrassed, walked towards the closet. I grabbed a loose t-shirt and pajamas and walked into the bathroom. I changed my heavy lehenga into my casual clothes and stepped out. I indeed looked like an idiot, dressed in casuals with loads of jewelry and makeup on my face.