Chapter-22: Did I Just Say 'Adorable'?

(A/N: Ahh. Guys, I am so sorry. Please don't kill me. My school has started to that means I get less time to write and I am trying my best to give updates everyday. Okay? Pleashh gussha mat kalna :'( Yipee! #6 in General Fiction. I don't know how to thank you all for this. Issliye, long updates likh rahi hun. :P Anyways, thanks for 250 comments too! Oh My God! You guys are love. Seriously. Okay I won't drag further. Go read but please vote and comment haan? :P And yeah, for those who asked for outfits, I picture them in my head and pen them down. So I can't find those outfits on Google. Anyways, Nandu's is in the media box. Okaythanksbye.)

-----------

Surprisingly, even after sleeping at around 5 or so that morning, I managed to wake up before 10. That was the least I had slept for any occasion and given that it was my wedding, I obviously had to get the least sleep in my family.

I stepped out of bed to see loads and loads of baggages. Perhaps, those many luggages were not present in any of the other ceremonies. Or am I forgetting? Today is my wedding day. Ugh. Honestly, I did look like a bride. The makeup from last night had left faint traces, enhancing my beauty. I wouldn't brag but I could just sit on the mandap like that, if only I brushed my hair well and draped myself into better clothes.

I went to the washroom. I freshened up, took a shower and dressed myself in a grand saree. I chose a black and pink lehenga with a golden border and pinned a thin pallu on my shoulder, to make myself a little attractive. I put on some jewelry, curled my hair, pinned some strands to the back and stepped out of the room.

As soon as I stepped out, a waiter offered me coffee and my cousins pulled me onto a chair to examine my hands

"Didu, did you know? The darker your mehendi is, the more your husband loves you." Really? That ain't true. I just smiled faintly and searched for Amma. I had hardly seen Appa for this entire wedding, except for the Sangeet last night. I looked out for Amma and found her along with some guests, smiling widely and nodding. I dialed her number again and she picked.

"Haan Nandu, where are you? Its almost 11. There is a ritual you need to attend. Before that, go wake your husband up. I am not sure where his family is and he needs to get ready soon." She said without a pause and I sighed.
"Yeah I am ready. I'll ask someone to wake Manik up."
"No. You only go. Anyways, from tomorrow morning, you'll only be waking him up." She passed a naughty chuckle and I frowned.
"Whatever. Okay bye." I huffed and cut the call, heading towards his room amidst all the teasing and giggles.

***

I knocked the door a couple of times. Annoyed with no response, I turned the doorknob and to my surprise, it clicked open.

"Is anybody there?" I called just to clarify. I walked inside and found him sleeping on the bed. It wasn't the first time I was waking someone up. Most of the times, it was me who woke Madhyam up. Despite all the anger last night, it all fled away when I saw him sleeping.