Chapter-56: Act 1, Scene 2

(A/N: Hey! Happy New Year everyone! I can't believe 2017 is here already. I don't even know where 2016 went, it was all sort of quick but sort of delayed 😂 So, what do you want for this New Year, as a gift? Let me know in the comments section and I'll see if I can do anything about it, okay? Thank you so much for being there for me. It means so much. I'm waiting for lots of spamming in the comments. Let's see, lol.
Twitter: @thelovesickteen
Vote, comment and share. 😘)

---------------

Our hotel cab halted at the venue. Motionators Racing Simulator. I seemed excited. Manik was all the more happier to see me participating in things he liked. He pulled me with him, in a sort of romantic way. In this country surprisingly, many people did a lot of PDA and Manik did all the honors to display his love for me publicly too. We walked to the counter. "Yeah hey. 2 adults."

"Please register here." The man handed a registry to him and Manik filled in his details. He handed 80 dollars and I gasped.

"That's a lot." He nudged me with his elbow, to shut up.

"Shh..." He smiled warmly, taking the passes along and holding me with the other arm.

We stepped into the hall-like arena. The music blasted into my ears and Manik somewhat protectively held me, trying to block the sound. I was so sensitive to sound. There were tons of cars around and Manik's face gleamed. I tugged his shirt sleeve for him to bend a bit.

"I don't know driving only." I frowned and he clicked his lips in indifference.

"It's not real driving. Besides, main hun na? Don't worry." We sat and waited for our turn. I took Manik's hand in both of mine and meddled with his fingers, while he observed the gameplay carefully. Occasionally, he looked down at me, to check on me.

"Now everybody will know you're mine." I spoke inaudibly but Manik caught my sentence. He smiled, adjusting his arm around me, bringing me close to him. He watched keenly as I fiddled with his ring, smiling.

"Acchha lagta hai?" He tilted his head downwards to look at me. I nodded gently and dug my head into his body.

"It feels so... I can't believe you're actually wearing it and I gave it to you." I whispered in such happiness, I couldn't explain how overwhelming it felt. I still couldn't believe Manik and I were permanently committed. He chuckled adorably, kissing my head.

"Aisa kyun?" We were interrupted by a teenager calling us.

"Manik Malhotra?" I adjusted myself and stood up, followed by Manik. "This way..." He led us and Manik and I silently followed, smiling. I was brought into a place that looked so foreign. Cars just weren't my thing.

"Manik... I suck at this." I scowled at the sight of the car and the ignition sounds.

"Arre, come na? You trust me, right?" He tilted his head downwards in an attempt to persuade me emotionally and he was just so good at that. I instantly gave it.

"I do." I stepped into the vehicle and sat down, trying to steer the wheel to see if I could do it.

"There are two pedals down. Left one for accelerating and the other one to break. The steering is to move. That's it." Suddenly, it all sounded so easy and almost interesting. I was excited.

"Okay!"

"You sure you can, Nandini?"

"I'll do it. Tum bas dekhna ab." I challenged with confidence and he smirked. Perhaps he was so sure about his victory. The game began and initially itself, I was slowed down by rocks and grass that I'd skid onto. I was so bad at it. By the time I'd crossed half the track once, he'd completed a lap.