Chapter-63: Sugarplums

(A/N: Okay, hello hi hi! So the last chapter got really bad response, but its okay. :) Hopefully this will be better. Pretty late, I think but damn! This update was really satisfying. Now I get why people were insisting. 😂❤ I hope you like it and please drop your votes and comments. Spam me if you want to, because people who spam me make me happy and I tend to get motivated and ish! 😂 Okaythanksbye. Vote and comment and share too! 😍 Happy Reading!)

----------------

I was walking back home, completely irritated. Manik was acting really dumb. I silently muttered curses just when a car parked before me and I was almost abducted into the vehicle. Before I could realize, I found his stupid face lingering along with a creepy smile.

"8 pm, my place." He smirked, running his fingers along my face, and I tossed it away. Disgusting man.

"Main tumhare ghar nahi aane wali hu Manik, and that's final." I shrugged and pressed the A/C button and turned the radio on. Manik grunted and muted the radio.

"Then your plan is only going to flop. Mujhe kya. Karlo jo karna hai." He was focused on dropping me back home and actually by now, I was quite comfortable and happy with him dropping and picking me up. At least we don't fight for that. I increased the volume again, and let it play around 7.

"Main tumhare ghar nahi aa rahi hu, bas!" I groaned and hummed to the music, though I knew neither the lyrics, nor the song.

"Humare ghar chale?" He came up with a sudden idea that almost shook me. I wasn't ready to go to that house where all memories of Manik and I together existed. Beautiful memories. I was quiet for a long time, looking at my feet. My house had come and I got off the car, without saying anything. Surprisingly, Manik didn't stop me or anything. Probably he sensed that I was disturbed.

I ran into my house, up into my room and slammed the door shut. I slipped to the ground and placed my head against the door. I closed my eyes tight, trying to comprehend everything. Our place. Our place. Our place.

*Nandini: Our place.*

I tapped the 'Send' button and waited. As always. He was so excited. It was all part of his plan obviously, and I didn't even protest.

*Manik: Okay. See you at 7.*

I quickly dressed into modest clothes, so Manik and I won't end up doing something we shouldn't be. I wore a lacy white top and a long beautiful skirt, just to ease the rehearsal. I braided my hair, picked my heels and left. "Amma, main Navya ke ghar jaa rahi hu aaj. We'll rehearse for the competition and hangout together and..." I explained. Amma examined me up and down.

"Hmm..." I didn't know if it was a sign of approval or not but she didn't seem to give me a judgmental look. I just left anyways, since she didn't object as such and picked a cab to our old home.

We reached in 20 minutes and as I stepped out of the cab, the memories came flooding back. Eden Gardens. The signboard flashed. The security gave me a warm smile as I stepped back into the house.

"Madam, Sir ghar main hai." He said and I smiled back. The place was so welcoming, yet so foreign. I hopped into the elevator and pressed 5. The elevator strolled up slowly, beeping and opening at the 5th floor. I headed right and the first house I saw. 504. Manik and Nandini Malhotra—the nameplate read. I heard some music booming inside and I pressed the doorbell.

"Welcome!" I was welcomed by a hopping and groovy Manik. He gleamed and pulled me into his house. He grabbed my hands, wrapped his arms around me and began dancing hip-hop, spinning me and tossing me around. I resisted a bit but then totally lost my cool, seeing the house so messy.