Chapter-31: Kuch Toh Hua Hai

(A/N: Chalo. New part. Thanks to all those who started liking my lines. It means a lot to me and now I'm working on romantic lines. As many observed, Manik here is a strong romantic character and I want to highlight him in this story. I'm glad you're liking my work. Hopefully, I'll be back with long updates soon. Till then, one part every day. Loads of love. Thanks for all your support. Peace out.)

------------

I propped myself on the banquet chair, exhausted. Aryamann and Evelyn were wedded. I took a deep breath. Aryamann made it through the wedding without the truth. Though I wasn't totally happy, and it could complicate situations in future, it was better than ruining their marriage. But what if someone tells Aryamann before her? What if he gets to know through other ways? What if...

"Nandini, what's wrong? Why so worried?" Manik pulled a chair and sat next to me. I turned towards him with a worried face and he looked confused. "Nandini... Hello? Nandu!" He screamed and I blinked my eyes.

"Haan?" I looked clueless and he got the idea that I was not paying attention to what he was saying.

"What's wrong?" He spoke in a soft tone, wrapping an arm around me. I put both of my arms on his waist and rested my head on his chest. I listened to his heartbeat while he caressed my hair, moving it away from my face.

"Manik, ghar chale?" I whispered and he bent to look at me.

"Kuch hua? Did those guys do something to you? I knew it. Tum meri baat kabhi sunti nahi ho. I told you those guys were..." He immediately let go of me and pounced up, to attack them. Before he finished his sentence, I pulled him back down.

"Manik, baat voh nahi hai please. Ghar chale?" I was exhausted, physically, mentally and emotionally. My life had no element called peace in it. Every day I think my life couldn't be worse, I am surprised with some drama.

Honestly, I need no YouTube. My life is filled with drama.

"Chalo." He said, with a small smile and helped me up. We bid goodbye to the couple and I gave a friendly hug to Aryamann.

"Will miss you buddy. Come home sometime okay?" I whispered into his ear in the hug and he hugged me tighter.

"I'll miss you too, sis. Love you." He whispered back. I could see Manik wasn't very pleased with me hugging Aryamann but he didn't feel jealous. He sure knew he was stuck with Evelyn and it was his wish to opt for that woman over his wife.

I smiled warmly at him, as I broke the hug and hugged Evelyn too. We shared a few fake smiles and Manik led me to the car. I occupied the front seat and he took the driver seat. We drove home in silence.

I stepped inside the house first and hung my keys. I changed into pajamas and a casual top and quietly settled myself on the couch. My head was throbbing hard for some reason and nothing helped make me feel better. I pressed my forehead with my fingers and closed my eyes. Just then I felt a few fingers touching my forehead and to my surprise, it was Manik.

He smiled at me and signaled me to sit on the floor, with my head tilted to the couch, for better ease. I did as he said and he began to massage my forehead gently.

"Bahut dard ho raha hai?" He asked in a cute tone and I smiled to myself. I just hummed and closed my eyes again, and he gently massaged. I was feeling relieved. Something told me to tell Manik everything. Everything about me. About my life. Things he didn't know. Things nobody knew. Things he needed to know. But I couldn't. I was scared to trust, scared to be judged, scared to lose him.

Perhaps if he shot a few questions, he would get answers. But the question was, how to let him know? How would he know I want him to know things, ask things about me?