Chapter-34: A Little Sweetness

(A/N: Looks like you guys are getting hooked up to the story. Sorry for the delay. This part was to be uploaded on 4th. Anyways, Eid Mubarak. Tell me how you liked this. With love, your writer.)

--------------

I had classes till 6 in the evening, due to Raghav Sir's disappointment in me and I obliged to attend, even upon Manik's persistence.

Usually, they let us go at 3, but then because of the extra classes I had agreed to attend, I stayed back after college. We had a session on Chordata in our Zoology period. Though I love biology, I wouldn't deny it's a hard task. After a bell rang, a few students from the other batch had also come to attend classes with us. That's when I saw this new girl Maddy was hanging out with. As soon as she entered, Madhyam ran towards her, pulled her in for a hug and wrapped his hand around her waist. He stealthily looked at me and smirked but I paid no heed.

He took the seat right beside mine, and sat with his girlfriend. He kept cuddling with her, giggling, acting cute, talking loudly to get my attention and tried a few more immature tricks on me, which I didn't react much to. We had a 20 minute break and I was getting fed up of their over-displayed PDA. I slid my phone out and texted my not-so-jobless husband.

Nandini: *Hey. Busy?*

As soon as I sent the message, I swiped into the gallery. I scrolled through the pictures Manik and I took the previous evening and smiled. There were a few silly ones, a few decent ones, and a few pictures of a candid me. I smiled at myself in realisation and zoomed in. I was sitting on the sand, with one of my hands on my head. I giggled and swapped to the next picture. I was again sitting on the sand, with my arms around my knees, looking into the distant sky, admiring the sunset. The beautiful sunlight hit my face, making it gleam and I had a faint smile.

Manik: *Hey. Wassup? I'm chilling with beer, friends ke saath. Where are you? College over?*

I smiled and immediately sent a short reply.

Nandini: *I was looking through yesterday's pictures with you. Nope, we still have an entire period left. So boring.*

I thought for a while. Chemistry class only na? Maybe I could sneak and text. A smile crept my face and I was interrupted by a high-pitched voice.

"Hey! I'm Ira." She stretched her arm out for a hand shake and I passed a fake smile.

"Umm... Hey. I'm Nandini." She smiled a plastic smile back at me and I mentally rolled my eyes at her.

"I've heard a lot about you. Nice to meet you." I smirked and turned back to get back to what I was doing. She eyed my bangles. "Married?"

"Uhh... Well, yeah. I don't think it's such a huge crime?"

"Oh well, this ain't a generation that supports child marriage, does it?" She chuckled uncomfortably and I just rolled my eyes at her and got back to pretending to study, to get her off my heels.

***

An hour passed by. Chemistry class was going on but I was doing everything but paying attention. I was sneaking and texting Manik to pass my time and nevertheless, the others were almost doing the same thing. Every time I heard his voice get louder, I began to write gibberish into my book and then look at the board, to pretend I was listening. Just then, I heard a soft whistle beside my seat, on the other side of the window.

I stood up to pretend I was closing it, and took a sneak peek to see Manik there. I looked a little surprised and stunned, and he waved sheepishly at me. A sudden charm enlightened me as I saw him come here, just for me. He signaled me to move and I walked back to my seat, after a few fake struggles. He peeped in to see our professor writing something and he immediately jumped into the room and snuck into my seat.