Chapter-20: Memories Never Fade

(A/N: Yipee. Next update. School starts tomorrow so if you guys really insist, I will give a daily update. Vote and comment please? I will reply to all your comments soon. Love you all loads.)

-----------

"Hey everyone. This is a surprise from our side, for our children sitting down there. Hope you'll like it." Appa and Rakesh Uncle spoke alternate sentences and then our parents took their positions. The music played.

Sone sone patole lakhaan
Sone sone patole yeah...
Ae takdiyaan rehndiyaan aankhaan
(Our mothers danced for the item number with other ladies their age and I couldn't help but smile. It was so funny, I mean, they were mature adults. They were trying to dance seductive which looked hilarious, especially in their grand sarees.)

Main ki dassaan apni ve
Ae chan karda hai tareefa
Ho mere husn de kone.. kone kone di
Ho kone kone di..
O Baby doll mai sone di
O Baby doll main sone di
ye duniya, ye duniya pittal di
ye duniya pittal di..
Ho babydoll main sone di..
(They shook their hips, typical Bollywood style and Manik was laughing heartily. I had never been to a Sangeet before, and I had to admit, it was so much fun. No wonder North Indians love weddings.)

Chamka chamka meriyaan
Main cham cham karke chamka
Laava Zandu Balm ji nachde
Nachde paijan damkaan
(They danced, shaking their hips. They moved their hands to glorify their faces and to show sparkles. They tapped their ankles with their hands. It was something I had rarely seen in Bollywood movies. I never thought Amma would dance like that.)

Mere hi charche
Meriyaan hi gallaan
Jag sara karda ni baar baar ve
ye duniya, ye duniya pittal di
Ho baby doll main sone di..
(They ended and the men whistled and clapped loudly. Manik pretended to die seeing his mother and she laughed at his antics. Through the days, I'd come to know Manik was overly attached to his mother. They never treated each other like mother and son. In fact, they flirted with each other which I found funny. They shared a deep bond and I had heard from someone that if men are close to their mothers, they would be good life partners too.)

"That was a sexy item number from our ladies there. A big round of applause please? Thanks for that steamy surprise, ladies. Now this song was chosen at the last minute so we aren't prepared. Anyone who wants, is welcome to join the dance. Ready? Music please?"

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)
Now watch me nae nae (Okay!)
(Manik jumped up after the first line and went about singing the song like the singer. He ran to the stage and guided them with his moves. He put his left fist out and stomped his right leg, and then the others imitated him. He did the other way around and people followed him. He swayed his arm and body and the gathering imitated.)

"Yeah come on. Now watch me whip, whip... Watch me nae nae (Want me do it?)" He sang along with the singer and his friends joined. They made the party hall one hell of a dance club with all that ruckus and I felt quite happy. At least the crowd was being entertained.

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)
Watch me nae nae (Okay!)
Now watch me whip whip
Watch me nae nae (Can you do it?)
(Manik did the steps again and then grabbed the mike. Even many women went up to the stage, to dance along with him.)

[x2:]
Do the stanky leg (stank)
Do the stanky leg (stank stank)
Do the stanky leg (stank)
Do the stanky leg (stank stank)
(He moved his leg, almost twisting it, yet not really. He taught people the steps too. He seemed overjoyed and his body language was expressing that. He pulled his mother also, but she just refused with giggles.)