4 : surprise surprise •

(A/N: Firstly, Happy Valentine's Day. Hope you all have fun with your loved one and those who are single, don't worry. Good days are yet to come. Coming to the point guys, so the previous chapter got very less response which was quite disappointing for me. Vote and comment for this part if you like it. And next chapter is gonna be a little fun supposedly. Who's excited? Chalo. Go read now.)

Status : Edited

<<<>>>

"Nandini, surprise!" My mother came into the room with a gush of happiness.

It'd been a few days since my family had been extremely busy for some stupid event and my mood wasn't so good either. I really wished I had not confessed my feelings for Madhyam. Things would have been so much better. Now, one of two things would happen. I would either lose my friendship with him, or earn hatred from him or perhaps both. Either way, we wouldn't be same anymore.

"Kya hai Amma?" (What's it, Mom?) I said, in a sad tone.

"Here. Have a look." She handed something to me and walked away. An envelope? I looked at it carefully and then took the card out. The moment my eyes fell on it, I froze.

***

"Mom! We won our second album!" Manik screamed as he entered the house. He ran to his mother and began to dance around the house with her.

"Whoa Manik! Good job. Now I have something for you."

"Really?" His eyes widened. "Show me, show me." He peeped over his mother's shoulder to see whether she was cooking something he loved.

"Manik, here you go. Hope you are glad now." Nyonika handed something to Manik.

"Yeh kya hai?" (What is this?) Nyonika smiled and pat him on the back.

"See for yourself." Manik looked at the envelope suspiciously and climbed the stairs. He sat on his bed with a card.

***

I sat on my bed, holding an invitation in my hand.

Mr. and Mrs. Malhotra
together with
Mr. and Mrs. Murthy
cordially invite you to attend the wedding of their children
Manik Malhotra
And
Nandini Murthy
At The Leela, Andheri East
From August 10-13, 2015
At 8:30 p.m.
Engagement on August 2, 2015

What kind of a life was this? I was getting married to someone whom I'd never seen. Who is this Manik Malhotra? Why didn't I see that coming? So all that planning and preparation was for me? I fumed in anger.

Manik Malhotra. Who was he? How did he look? What if he wasn't the right one for me? Then? He was a step away from ruining my life, of course ruining would be when we'd actually get married! What if he hated me just as much as I did? What would happen then?

How could my parents do this? Didn't they even think of asking me once? The thing that shocked me the most was that I never even saw the wedding coming. My parents wanted to keep it a surprise. In the record of world history, I was going to be the only woman getting married for a surprise! Isn't that creepy?

Everyone except me was excited about the wedding. Amma, Appa, Rishabh and not to mention, my relatives. Great. Now I can't even object to the wedding. The invites were distributed already!

I was informed that my relatives were going to come over to our place this afternoon. Guess what? Another surprise: my engagement is happening day-after-tomorrow.