9 : did someone say challenge? •

(A/N: Thanks for all your support guys. Loads of love to you. Here is the next part. Do vote and comment. Cheers.)

Status : Edited

<<<>>>

"Cheer louder! Nandini... Nandini..." Everyone chanted to get into the good books of the 'Fab 5' gang. I was stuck in the middle of a circle they created–I didn't like it. To keep myself far from the negativity, I closed my ears and eyes. Manik was leaning on one of the pillars of the campus, avoiding the crowd. Cabir was with his camera, Navya and Madhyam I couldn't see and didn't want to. I'd never imagined being treated so cruelly, like a pawn in their game. Then again, I was Fab 5's new target. I wasn't sure how long they were going to continue torturing me but I knew I could only do it for so long. 

"And here..." Mukti came forward with a glass bowl of some sort, flashing all her teeth at me. I didn't even want to know what was in it; not until they flung it on me. The rest of the students gasped as they jumped back. And then it happened three more times. Alcohol, mixed with mashed up banana, sour cream were what I could identify from the smell and texture. I gagged, hurrying to the nearest bathroom to clean up whatever I could before anymore attacks.

Surprisingly, I wasn't in tears. I wasn't helpless. What did they think? They could shake me down with bullying? Fab 5, my face. I got engaged to their friend yesterday and instead of being nice to me, they were bullying me?! Were they thinking I wanted to get married to Manik? Bitches, I ain't gonna trap anyone, calm down!

The part most alarming was Manik knew none of that was true, but he still actively played a role in it! So insensitive, Ayyappa. I wonder how he was born to such a beautiful family. Gadha. How would I survive my entire life if he is that dumb? 

I cursed him under my breath as I entered home. Rishabh was back from school, playing on the iPad and Amma was busy in the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen and sat on the countertop next to Amma, my usual spot.

"Beta, when did you come? Today I made pakodas. I heard that you're fiancé loves them." She was all smiles in terms of my darling fiancé. I didn't have the energy for another encounter with that pyscho. "He's coming over this evening. Someone special is coming too." I ignored the last sentence. Manik is coming, nothing special can come ever close–unless it was another nasty trick. 

"Why is he coming?" I asked, a little louder than I intended as I jumped off the countertop.

"Why matlab? He is going to be our son-in-law. We need to spend some time na? To get to know each other. Appa bhi jaldi aa rahe hai. Tujhe kya problem hai?" (What do you mean by why? Dad's coming home early too. What problem do you have?) Amma sensed something suspicious. I widened my eyes and shook my head.

"Nahi. Main bahut thak chuki hun. Toh bas..." (Nothing. I'm just tired. So...) I looked around.

"Acchha chalo. Fresh hoke aao. He'll be here at 4." (Alright, go freshen up.) Climbing up the stairs in a lazy fashion, I locked the door and fell on the bed.

"Why is he coming? I don't want to see him. Monster kahika. Chee. Humesha mujhe hurt karta rahta hai. Shaadi kyun karna chahta mujhse? I swear I know exactly how to ruin my life in the worst possible ways. Zindagi bhar main usske saath fight nahi kar sakti. Nahi karna hai mujhe usse shaadi." (Monster! Chee! He always keeps hurting me. Why does he want to marry me? I swear I know exactly how to ruin my life in the worst possible ways. I can't keep fighting with him my entire life. I'm done, I don't want to marry this guy.) I shoved my head into the pillow. I felt weak, which was an okay emotion to feel in solitude. I sobbed only until I heard a knock on the door.