Chapter-43: Bittersweet

(A/N: Sorry for the looooong delay. Actually I've been out of town so this entire update has been written in detail. So I am planning to end the story in 50 chapters and then maybe add excerpts and an epilogue and then a new season. Anyways, hope you like this update. Next part will be uploaded shortly. Love, your writer.)

---------------

I was getting ready to college. I was brushing my hair when Manik walked into the room and sat on the bed, leaning back to have a good glance at me. I felt his intense gaze and I walked over to the other side of the room.

"Aise kya dekh rahe ho?" I asked in a confused and questioning tone and he cleared his throat and shifted his gaze away. I felt my cheeks heat up. To avoid any more embarrassment, I turned the doorknob to leave the room.

"No wait... So does your stomach hurt now?" He jumped off the bed and hit his back against the door in two seconds, closing it shut. I panicked and hopped back in reflex.

"WHAT?" He had literally scared the shit out of me for this stupid confusion.

"I mean... Women complain about cramps and pain and shit. You are fine, right?" He bent to see my expressions and I smirked, lifting my head to see him. I walked out of the room, grabbed my sandals and wore them, while making eye contact.

"Are you always so protective about me or do you just suddenly see a need to be because you think I am weak?" I said with that constant smirk plastered over my face and he shrugged indifferently.

"I was just trying to be an understanding husband. Kuch karu toh problem aur agar kuch na karu, toh bhi gussa karti ho!" He muttered under his breath and I made cute realization expressions, the ones you make when you realize how cute someone is.

"Awww... You're so cute." I ruffled his hair and he frowned.

"Nandini! It took 10 minutes to do that. Now it won't look the same. All my hard-work is a waste of time." He whined as he adjusted his hair repeatedly, failing every time.

"You look better casual than formal, Manik. You look sexy in formal, no doubt but when you're in casuals, you're boyfriend material. Just perfect for me." I tugged his tee and I leaned into his chest. My chin rested on his chest and his arms were comfortably wrapped around me.

"Vaise Nandini, are you sure you're going to wear white today?" He peeped to see my leggings and I gave a quick look at them and then saw the smile that was creepily growing on his face. My jaw dropped and I shook my head in embarrassment.

"Manik! Shut up." I looked away, slapping his chest and hitting him while he was laughing.

"Nahi matlab, I won't be there to protect you today, at least until the exam. So just warning." He whispered against my ear and I shuddered. Hell! This guy can't affect me that much.

"I can take care of myself." I said, pushing him away and making myself sound confident but I knew I failed terribly.

"Of course." He said with that same sarcasm in his tone. I grunted and walked away quickly and he followed me helplessly.

"Now, I seriously can't touch you until your days are over?" He followed like a lost puppy, desperate for my attention. I turned to him and my hair flipped against his face. He closed his eyes and looked at me dreamily. I leaned closer and his eyes glistened with desire.

"In your dictionary, 'touch' has a different meaning so for you, yes, you're not." I ran his finger along his chest and neckline seductively and he huffed and grabbed my hand.