『⁵』

مجھے کچھ پل دے قربت کے
فقیر ہم تیری چاہت کے۔

(Give me a few moments of closeness to you,
I'm a beggar for your love.)

°°°°°

Its been two weeks since Yahya's accident and Humna's repenting.

Humna was helping Yahya to wear his clothes properly. But she felt his eyes burning into her mere existence. She was getting conscious of his constant staring.

"Do you need something."

She started buttoning up his shirt. Her fingers were trembling badly.

"I don't need anything."

Yahya's voice made her shudder in fear. He had been talking her with so familiar yet unknown tone. Her mind wandered back to the days where he used to tease her like this and she always got tensed under his gazes.

"Then stop staring at me."

Humna barely whispered to him and her hands stopped on the buttons abruptly when she felt his hands on her waist. She didn't looked up. She knew if she will, then she would die of embarrassment and shame.

"I will not."

Yahya's hands wandered under her T-shirt and she felt goosebumps. She still hadn't looked up at him.

He was making small patterns on her skin through his fingers skillfully. And she had been controlling her rising emotions.

Yahya hugged her tightly, withdrawing his hands away.

"I don't want to loose you Humna. If you want to leave then please leave right now. I don't want your pity. Don't do this to me. I will di.....

Humna placed her hands on his mouth shutting him up.

Yahya looked at her with thousands of questions in his eyes.

"I don't want to go Yahya. I don't want to go anywhere. I want to live with you. I want to go back to the way we were. I'm sorry Yahya. I'm sorry Yahya I gave so much importance to my ego and pride that i forgot I'm hurting not only you but myself also in the process. Yahya the moment i got the call of your accident. Yahya i died a thousand times in those moments. I don't want to remember that horrible day....... I'm sorry Yahya. Please forgive me."

She was crying and her tears are making his heart ache with pain.

Yahya made her sit besides him and hugged her trembling figure. He knew Humna was dying inside with each passing moment.

"Humna meri jaan. Stop crying."

Yahya hugged her more tightly. And kissed her forehead lovingly. He couldn't stay mad at her anymore. After all he knew how much she was trying to make things right.

Humna broke their hug and looked at him with teary eyes.

"I have not done anything Yahya.....he was appointed as our new head and he started pursuing me. I was already in so much hate that i fell for his fake promises again and started talking with him but that's it Yahya. I've always met with him at public places. I swear on Ammi Abbu i hadn't crossed my lines.... I'm sorry....

"Stop it Humna. Stop crying now. I don't want anymore explanation. I know Humna you would never cross limits. And somewhere I'm responsible for everything that had been happened. I did wrong to you and you did wrong to me. Now we're equal. Lets start afresh Humna....."

They Both stared into eachother's eyes. Humna was the first one to break their eye contact.

"That means you don't hate me? That means you still trust me?"

Humna looked at him with the same pureness he had fell for in the first place.

"How could i hate you? I almost killed myself because i thought I've lost you. I trust you Humna. And i will always trust you because you're my pride."

He pecked her forehead affectionately.

"We both did wrong. I kidnapped you to satisfy my fragile ego and you got influenced in your hatred. So how could i held you accountable for everything when I'm also the culprit."

Yahya's words pierced through her heart and she got more ashamed of herself. He was not the the bad guy she had thought all along.

"I love you Yahya."

Humna hugged him tightly and let her emotions take the best out of her. Because today she had finally accepted her destiny and fate.

"I love you too Meri jaan."

"All humans make mistakes. What determines a person's character aren't the mistakes we make. It's how we take those mistakes and turn them into lessons rather than excuses."

"Everyone deserves another chance. Especially the people who mean the most to you."

~It ends with us,Colleen Hoover.

The End.

___________________________