『⁵』

" jis pe 'mahtab' tum rahe marte

ab woh hote sarab dekhe hai "

...

Her feets were aching and her head was heavy, she would faint down any moment. She stopped walking and looked around, nobody was there. She's all alone, her heartbeat got faster and she felt calm. The night was going darker and darker, its a full moon night, the moon....her eyes freezed on the beautiful scenery infront of her, mesmerizing. The only word which would be the suitable term to describe the Beauty infront of her.

She walked a little more and sat down in the shed of the huge Banyan tree. She looked at her feets and then at her broken slipper. And a helpless laugh left her mouth.

Her melodious laugh,

Echoing in the abandoned place

On the full moon night.

She felt a smack on her head and then her eyes closed in a blink. She felt as if her body is moving up in the air, but she couldn't see anything only felt the sensation.

The coldness of air and the warmth that could burned down her, she was feeling the same warmth again.....but how could she felt it after years?

"Huh."

Afeerah woke up with a jolt, the dream was a reality....she had lived years ago and still living its aftermath.

Little drops of sweat formed on her forehead, taking deep breaths. She calmed herself down.

"It was just a dream nothing else."

She kept on repeating the same Mantra, and lay down on the bed. Soon she fell asleep again.

Sometimes we like to deny the reality, just to feel at ease.

...

"

Afeerah."

"Haan Afeerah."

Salma Khanam looked at her son, who was not believing her that Afeerah Farid is possessed by a jinn.

"No Ammi. I don't think she's possessed by some jinn. Come on its all just a myth." He said while taking another bite of achar. He really liked the sweet and spicy taste on his tongue, melting like a motlen lava cake.

"Haaye Haaye. Chaar kitabein kya padh li Jinn ke wajood ko nakar raha hai. Badbakht. Tauba tauba."

Salma Khanam punched him hard on his broad shoulders and he groaned in pain. Don't ever disagree with ammi ever again, he learnt the lesson.

"Ammi but-"

"No but shut kut.... I've seen Afeerah getting possessed by Gaud jinn." Her eyes got bigger remembering the incident that happened three years ago in her kitchen and shivered terrifiedly.

"I don't think she's possessed ammi." He said and then later regretted, Salma khanam was giving him death glare and punched him again on his broad shoulders.

"AMMI."

"Hunh..ab tou aagya haina vilayati pagalo ka doctor. Tu thik kardena usse. Hunnh."