『³』

"Insaan se Muhabbat Rulati hai
Allah se Muhabbat sanwarti hai."

(Loving a human will only cause pain
Loving God Will Improve you .)

Writing another line and fluctuating between her thoughts. She couldn't comprehend what she wanted to and how to convey the storm which is taking place in her heart. She wasn't an Ideal Muslim for some people because of her background and being a daughter of a 'Tawaif.' The hardship she had faced since her birth and the shame she had endured is not everyone's cup of tea. But still she has made herself an optimist because she knew Allah will never leave her side. After all Allah loves His Creatures more than the combined love of seventy mothers. She's fighting her inner demons since years. She always knew her future but yet everytime she prayed, She asked for one thing 'To be a Pious Muslimah.'

She was deep in her thoughts when she heard the clicking of door. She abruptly moved towards it and saw Momin and few man beside him. She understood that its time for her to become 'Imaam Momin Ali.'

............................................

Flashback

It has been 3hrs since she's waiting for him. For him to come and finally claim his prize that he had bought for 1 million Rs. And taint her body for forever. But Ammaji's word rang in her ears everytime "Imaan you're lucky that he bought you. Its better This way Meri jaan (My life) that you've to endure only one person's wrath. You're lucky that you don't have to be a piece of meat for hundreds of men." And now she truly felt herself lucky beacuse she had heard those horrific stories about men from Myra and other Tawaifs. She knew she's not strong enough to handle torture of different men every other night. So she made her peace with it. She chose one man's wrath.

Her thoughts come to a halt when she saw a middle aged woman with tray of food. She didn't realised she hadn't eat anything since yesterday. Before she ask anything, the woman placed food tray infront of her and leave the room before giving her any sort of communication. Nevertheless Imaan is too Hungry now to thought about anything else. She dig in her food and ate her Biryani like a child. She didn't realise someone's watching her until she heard a chuckle and saw Syed Momin Ali Her buyer.

Her breath got hitched she look at him with pleading eyes. Some of rice fall out of her mouth making her pout like a child. She's looking so much innocent at the moment that it broke momin's heart. How could he take her innocence from her. He thought and looked at her again. But now Imaan had composed herself.

"Imaan? This is your name right?"
Momin asked teasingly.

"Yes I'm Imaan,Syed Sahab."
Imaan replied lacing her words with seriousness.

"I didn't mean to demean you Imaan."

"I know." She replied as matter of factly. Her tone is mocking Momin. And that made him raged with fury. She knew she's provoking a beast but nevertheless she knew he couldn't do more than raping her or killing her after all she's familiar with this all.

"Imaan I'm not someone who buys and sells girls or force them into prostitution for one's sick pleasure. I boug........mmm.....i mean i took you with me because i don't want anyone's filthy hands on you. My Allah knows the moment i saw you coming in your veil i had made this decision that either way you're going to be mine, you have brought me Peace Imaan. The peace I've been searching for years. I just wanted to let you know that I'm very keen on Marrying You. I want you to be My Wife."

Hearing his confession she's stunned. She didn't knew how to react or what to say. Beacuse growing up it was all about serving as a Tawaif. And Marriage is a forbbiden topic for her. Its a territory where women like her are treated as disgrace because they're not pure enough to become someone's wife.

Seeing her face loosing all its colours. Momin took a step towards her and cupped her cheeks Which are now wet with her tears. He started caressing her face and started reciting Aayat Al Qursi to calm her nerves.

They both sit there in the same position when Imaan's lips started to say something but no words are coming out. That's when Momin hold her hands and placed soft kiss on her Knuckles. Imaan looked at him with so many questions lacing in her big dow like eyes.

"Imaan I'm asking you to marry me because i don't want any harm to come in your way. I know how our society treats woman like you who comes from family like yours. I don't anyone to question your character or your relationship with me. Just say yes Imaan. I don't want to lose you. I know this sounds cheesy. But you're my soulmate. The moment my eyes land on you i felt like the peace I've been searching for years, I've finally got it. You don't know what you are to me. Just say yes Imaan jaani."

His words held sincerity and determination. She didn't knew anything about him. But she knew he's a good person by heart. Beacuse he hadn't taken her advantage neither did he tried to do anything haram with her. Maybe Allah had answered her prayers she always wanted to be a Pious Muslimah. Maybe by marrying him she could live a respectable life and practice her Deen as a Good Muslimah.

"But I've one condition Momin."

"What condition?"
Momin asked perplexed.

"I want you to do our Nikah right now. I don't want to live in scrutiny of a Na-Mehram."

"I've no problem with that. I'm going to take Imam Sahab and some witnesses till then Salma will get you ready."

He left that room not before summoning Salma who is the same woman that brought her food.

She couldn't believe Momin's words thats why she asked him to marry her right now just to test him. And by Allah's grace he passed it and she knew he's a man of his words.

***

Present

Salma had given her a simple plain red dupatta with some embodiments at the ends to wear. She's looking presentable. Seeing the men coming towards her. She covered her face. She peaked through her veil and saw Momin looking at her. She suddenly lowered her gaze that's when Imam Sahab approached her.

"Imaan Beti (daughter) Are you giving your full consent to this Marriage without any force. Do you take Syed Momin Ali S/o Syed Maan Ali as your Husband by The Grace of Allah and his Messenger. Haq Meher 10 million Rs."

"DO YOU ACCEPT IT."

"QUBOOL HAI."
(I accept it.)

"QUBOOL HAI."

"QUBOOL HAI."

With that she sealed her fate forever. With happiness and respect she accepted Momin as her Husband. But she didn't knew fate has other plans for her. After all everything happens for a reason.

"He's the slave of His Inner Peace,
She's the slave of Her God."

•••••

Ballad Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें