『²』

• Momin's Pov •

I've never had the choice to do what i want. At an early age I've come to terms with that. Because I'm not anyone, I'm the only Living heir to The Syed Hotels Empire. I was born after fifteen years of my parents marriage. They called me a Miracle baby with a silver spoon. Huh! How ironic is it. I've everything a Man could desire yet I'm not satisfied. I've been searching that peace everywhere but i got nowhere. Not even when i bow my head infront of My Allah. But when i look at that black haired beauty infront of me,I got my 'Peace.'

Flashback,

"Momin let's go yaar, don't be a prude. One evening with this beauties won't harm you." Saad said pulling me towards the 'Tawaif Khana.' I've my fair shares of women in my life but I've never been one to indulge in any kind of prostitution. For me its a sin to humanity. You just can't buy someone's dignity. But my thoughts is above Saad's head. He's been a frequent visitor of this particular place since an year. And now he has brought me here to witness the a Ritual called "Nathni."

(Nathni utarna is a ritual in which a young Virgin girl performance her first Mujra wearing a big Nath a jewelry.)

When we settled down in our place. I saw alot of boys and men present their enjoying liquor and their inappropriate talks. Just when i was getting up to leave this filthy place. I saw a girl coming in the centre of the room. Wearing a beautiful red colored Anarkali and a shiffon veil that is covering half of her face. Only her lush plump lips are visible. I'm to drawn at the sight of her,I didn't knew when the classical folk music started playing. All i could see is her dancing infront of me. Seeing her like this has given me an essence of calm and peace. An emotion I've never felt before. Its like my whole world is dancing along with her.

I was too engrossed on her but a whistle broke my peace. I saw that man he's staring at her like she's a piece of meat and at that moment all what i wanted was just to kill him with my bare hands. I looked back towards my peace.

And that moment i decided She's going to be My Peace only.

"Saad how much will she cost."

Saad turned towards me looking stunned.

***

"Salam Ammaji!"

"WaSalam Syed Sahab, what will lead to you this place?"

Her eyebrows raised in questions. Which i Don't have answers myself. I've never thought of breaking my principles coming here and then buying a girl. I'm doing all those things which i despise the most. But i don't have any options i don't want anyone to harm My Peace, My sea of Calm.

"I want that girl. Name her price."

"You mean IMAAN. I'm sorry to interrupt but she has been already booked for the Night. You can......."

"I don't want her for the night. I wants to take her with me for FOREVER. I want Imaan for FOREVER."

Her name tasted so sweet on my tongue. She's truly My Imaan, My Faith.

***

Present,

I saw her glaring at me. And how beautiful she looked big brown eyes with so much calm and peace in them yet so feisty and infuriating.

"Imaan, please come and sit beta. He's Syed Momin Ali. He's here to take you with him. You remember i told you about him."

She took a sit nearby her Ammaji and looked at me like I'm gonna crush her with the snap of my fingers. I wish i could just tell her that i just wants to see her like this just to feel the peace.

I stood up breaking our eye contact and gestured to Ammaji that its time we shall take our leave from this place. She understood my movements and patted Imaan's back encouraging her to go with me. She stood up and come towards me taking my hand in her hand. And looked up at me with something like Hope. Which made my heartbeat too fast.

Hand in Hand we felt that place forever, to write a new chapter of life together.

"He is the Shore,
She is the Sea.
Both waiting to collide in each other,
Just to witness Their Doom."

••••••