『⁶』

Her body is aching with pain. Her eyes are moist with unshed tears. She slowly opened her eyes and took in her surroundings. She's in a bedroom painted with White walls. Everything in that room is colourless only White is visible. Sunlight is coming through a window. She stood up slowly and then she came to understand what had happened. She had been in an accident Which caused her A head and leg injury. Her body is throbbing with pain now.

"Oh you're awake!"

A voice come from behind. She turned to look at the owner of that Thick voice. When she turned around she saw a man in his late thirties looking at her intensely. He's holding a food tray. She understood that she's in scrutiny of this mystery man.

"Who are you? Why I'm here? Where's my bag? Ahhhhhh"

She throw all the questions in one go just when her legs tripped and she fall on the ground.

"Oh shït man! Hey you girl. What do you think you're doing?"

Mystery man helped her to get up from the ground and hold her waist to give her support. She sat down on the bed.

"Look I'm Dr. Arun Sharma. Last night you came infront of my car. And you got into accident which caused you this injuries. So please relax I'm not an intruder. I just came in this village for a camp when i was going back.......you got into an accident."

So the Mystery man is Dr. Arun Sharma. She thought.

"May i know your name Miss? As you know mine now?"

Arun asked her looking at her smiling. Its been years since she'd seen a genuine smile from a man that contains no malice.

"I'm Imaan."

Imaan replied him giving her genuine smile. She didn't knew but this man feels harmless.

"Imaan it is! You look quite young Imaan. Are you running away from home?"

Arun asked her raising his eyebrows questioningly. His posture is now intimidating.

"I've......nnn.....o.....no Home."

Imaan replied stuttering. She really had no home. Where she grew up is a hell. And where she got married that was just an illusion of home. So indeed she'd no home left.

Arun understand that Imaan isn't ready to tell him her story. So he didn't pressed her any further. He has to be in Delhi now. But he can't leave a girl all alone here with no one to take care of her.

"Imaan I've to go to Delhi. So please tell me where should i drop you."

Arun asked her looking at his watch.

"Drop me at any nearby mosque or shelter home."
Imaan said with a stern look.

Arun can't left her alone. Because he knew this world is hell for girls.

"Look Imaan. You don't have nowhere to go. No home. And i just can't leave you alone with this injuries so its better come with me to Delhi. When your injuries got healed. I will drop you anywhere you want."

Arun's word horrified Imaan. She didn't knew him at all. How could she just left with any man? All sorts of negative thoughts and imaginations Started playing in her mind.

Arun noticed her trembling figure. He took steps towards her and placed his hand on her head ruffling her hair.

"Imaan don't be afraid. I'm not a man who take advantage of vulnerable girls. I'm a Man of honour. And you're around my little sister's age. You're like a sister to me. So believe me I'd never harm you. I swear on My God."

Arun was looking seriously at her his words laced with truthfulness. He's eyes is holding a pleading look.

"If you say I'm your sister alike. Then I believe you. Please don't break my trust Arun lala.
(Lala means brother)

"Thats great then. You got ready. We'll be checking out from this hotel in an hour."

He exclaimed happily.

"Where's my bag? Lala?"

"On the dressing table."

That being said Arun left with a smiling face. Its been years since someone had called him bhai. Or exactly lala.

***

Meanwhile In Bursa,

Its been nearly two days, his men didn't find her. Not a single information he's going restless now.

"Momin sir. We've looked in all the nearby villages. Railways and bus stations. But no one had seen her."

One of his servants replied.

"How the fück any of you couldn't find her? You all are just useless can't find a single girl. Get the hell out of here. Never show me your face again. Otherwise i will murder you."

The servant got scared at his master's bloodshot eyes and threats. He left quickly on his heels.

"Momin bete. Why are you being nosy on this servants. Imaan had left you on her own choice. After all she's a prostitute. Those prostitute are good for a night but they're not the type of girl one should marry. Stop worrying over her."

Salma bi's every word is daggering holes into Momin's heart. He looked at her and then left the room without saying anything.

But he couldn't deny that Imaan had left him on her own. He's feeling hollow now. Where did he go wrong. He treated her with care. They had spent only a day together as Husband-Wife. How could he comes in term with all of this? How could he believes Salma bi's words. When he knew Imaan is not like this. She would never left him.

Atlast he understands that this thoughts are spineless.

He looked around their room one last time and remembers every moment that he had spent with Imaan here. He's eyes welled up. He wasn't a man who cries. But since Imaan had left his side, he had been crying his heart out. He's all being is aching.

He's sitting on Their bed when he noticed Imaan's bangle lying their. The same bangles he had touched. He took the bangle and put it in his pocket.

He left from their looking one final time.

"Salma bi I'm going to Lucknow."

He left their leaving a stunned Salma bi.

"She left without a trace,
He was left with a broken heart to mend."

••••••