『³』

" dil vo majzūb muġhannī ki jalā detā hai

ek hī aah se har ḳhvāb ko jal-thal kar ke. "

°°°

"Afiyah Appiyaaaaaa, congratulations. I'm so happy for you."

Gul shouted on top of her lungs and started dancing in every corner of the room. She took of her Duppatta and wrapped it around her head in turban style and started teasing Afiyah. Afiyah started like a shy bride and gul teased ger even more.

"Arsalan bhai is very lucky. After all he's getting married to my pyarriiii pyaarii apiya."

Gul kissed her cheeks and started crying, Afiyah was not only her sister but her best friend as well. They both love eachother more than anyone in this world.

Afiyah hugged her and patted her back. She was happy that Allah had answered her silent prayers and now she's getting married to the man she has dreamt about day and night.

"Afiyah Apiya, you love Arsalan bhai right na?"

Gul teased her even more and now Afiyah turned like a Tomato.

"Honestly speaking, i think i love him."

Afiyah answered truthfully and now she was regretting because Gul clapped her so loudly and started dancing their like a crazy maniac.

"Afiyah apiya I've one question, how could you love Arsalan bhai when you didn't had a proper talk with him?"

Afiyah sheepishly laughed at her question, & affectionately patted her cheek.

"Kyunki Gul jaani muhabbat ek jazba hai jou kisi mulaqat ka mohtaj nahi hota hai. Muhabbat bas ho jati hai, dil ko koi accha lag jaaye, bhaa jaaye, inshort muhabbat ki koi justification nahi hoti."

Afiyah truthfully said and Gul was listening to her, said something which didn't settle right with Gul.

"Afiyah Appiya aur humein woh na mile jisse hum muhabbat karte ho tou?"

Gul was looking at her with curious expression and Afiyah was stunned because she hadn't thought about losing him but Gul's word has made her start questioning her own heart.

"Gul now you go I'm going for a bathe."

Afiyah got disturbed and she wasn't in the right mind to talk with gul.

***

It was the day of Arsalan and Afiyah's nikah. All things had happened in such hurry that they didn't even get a chance to meet properly. Afiyah wasn't allowed to leave her room till the Nikah. She was sitting patiently waiting for her parents and imam sahab. Her hands which were covered in henna looking so beautiful, but she was tracing the design now and then where Arsalan's name was written.

"Arsalan Mirza."

Afiyah whispered to herself and smiled sheepishly. She was not the kind of girl who do this stupid things but she was doing all of this, love really makes us do stupid things.

She was still busy in her thoughts when the door opened and her parents came in along with relatives, but she couldn't see Gul among them. Her eyebrows furrowed and she felt something was wrong, very wrong. Her father came beside her and placed his hand on Afiyah's head, her father was crying. She didn't understand why, because its not the moment to cry, its not her rukhsati yet.