『⁹』

Momin's POV •

The smell of rain and mud hits my nostrils. The moment i stepped my foot out of the car. Rustling of trees, whispering of wind and slapping of mud against my shoes. I walked towards the same mansion that had been my home once. I goes inside relishing the memories of my childhood, A child with so many dreams......And an adult with no direction or aim. I took in the hollowness of this Big Walls. The walls which were screaming the truth that what tragedy and injustice had happened eight years ago. I moved towards my room that once belonged to an Us. I opened the adjured door stepping my foot inside and looking around my surroundings. Everything was same nothing has changed in This room. But the time has not been the same. It had fed of its cruelty to me on Her.

What mistake did i made? Loving a girl and marrying her? No! I did The mistake of not listening to my heart instead Salma bi. I've always treated her like my mother but she betrayed me in worst possible ways. She wouldn't have told me the truth. But maybe the fear of Jahannum (Hell) made her to told me the truth of her Evilness her cruelness. I was traveling the whole world finding my peace that had been with me for only three days. I thought my Imaan had left me. It still pain my heart to think about the cruelness she had to go through.

I was traveling middle east in this whole Eight years. Finding peace in creating mosques, using my talent to built the Houses of Allah. Studying about My religion becoming a good and Pious muslim. Just like Her. Imaan's absence had taught me alot. I've cried my eyes out infront of my God just to bring her back in my life.

I would've never came back to Bursa if it wasn't for Salma bi. Yes! She was dying and her last wish was that i bury her with my hands. I did buried her and did her last Ritual. Her dead face is looking so hollow and guilty. Her face is telling That she's ashamed of her wrong doings her sins. Which were unforgivable.

Her lawyer had given me her last will Which contained of her gold bangles and her little cottage with the letter that had answered all of my unanswered questions.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Pyaare Momin,

Maybe when you'll get this letter. I Will not be here around you. To be honest i Don't want to live anymore my sins are taking a toll on my soul. I was burning in hell fire every day. I've never been ashamed of my sins but now at the end when I've no one except Allah I'm confessing every wrong i had done to you. You've always loved me like a mother and trust me my son i did loved you like my son maybe more than that. Please never question my love for you. I'm telling you the truth because you deserve to know everything My Chanda.

Remember Momin your Ammi Abbu died in a car accident well bete that wasn't a accident. You're Uncle Peer Sahab had ordered his goons to kill your parents because he had been jealous of his brother (your father) throughout his life. He wanted to marry your mother but your mother rejected him and got married to your father. This had created a rift between the your father and uncle. And Again hatred won against blood. He killed your parents. He wanted to kill you too. He ordered me to poison you but the moment i see a 10 years old Momin's painful crying....your crying had pierced my heart. I couldn't go through it. Instead i placed my hand on your head. And you looked up at me like you got your mother back. I begged that night Peer Sahab for your life. I bargained my dignity for your life Momin bete. He took every piece of my dignity that night shattering me into pieces and crashing me for forever.

I had gotten pregnant with your Uncle Peer Sahab's child. I gave birth to a daughter and then left her at The doorstep of your uncle with a heavy heart. Because i had chosen my momin beta. You grew up to be a smart man and the loss of losing my only child fade away with time. I showered all my love onto you.

Then you got married to a Tawaif without even telling me. That had hurt the ego of the woman in me. I thought she's more important to you. I wanted to feel you the same way i had felt. I wanted you to also felt the loss of someone. That's why i asked Peer Sahab's help to send goons for Imaan. But Imaan had heard my conversation with him. She left without leaving a trace. I told you lies about her leaving you for another man. I did hurted you but it pained me a lot Momin.

I've cried after that ever since. Never got a chance to ask for forgiveness from you and my daughter Imaan. Yes Imaan was my daughter......the daughter i had left on the doorstep of That evil Man. Peer Sahab had sold his own blood and flesh to that Brothel.

You are wondering how i got to know about this all? After your departure Imaan had sent you this bangles and a picture of yours and her daughter. You see those bangles i had given you once were mine. I had left those bangles with my daughter at the doorstep of Peer Sahab. How cruel fate is?i wanted to harm you because of my daughter and in the process i eventually hurt my only daughter my Imaan.

Your Uncle Peer Sahab is a vile man. He took my dignity and my daughter too. Thankfully he had gone to hell now. But I've to go their too Momin bete.

Please forgive me for my sins and take care of my daughter Imaan. Allah Hafiz.

Tumhari
Bi jaan.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I could not form any word after all this time when i thought that Salma bi is the only one who truly understands me And love me. How wrong i was. And Peer Sahab that vile man had sold his own daughter. His own flesh. But getting angry and cursing the dead is of no use. Salma bi saved my life but took it back as well. Peer Sahab thank God he's rotting in hell now.

My hands scanned the photo of a little girl. My Momina. Mine and Imaan's daughter. I saw the address on the paper it was of Delhi.

I quickly rushed to my car and ordered my PA to book the flight for Delhi. Those hours that i had spend in flight were the hardest i couldn't know what to do or where to go but surely am getting my wife and daughter back. I will not let the horror of our past dictate our future Anymore.

"She tried Saving a life
On the value of Her Dignity.
She torn apart her own flesh
For the cruelty of A Monster."

••••••