『³』

"secrtes are nothing, but hidden truths."

°°°

▪︎ London, 2021.

"I want to know about my mother?"

She barged in the room, without knocking.

"Don't you have manners?"

The old lady who was busy knitting the sweater, got upset with her unnecessary dramatic entry.

"BUA!"

"ANAH."

They both shouted with the same intensity. Well, Anah shouted a little too louder, considering Bua's age who was in her mid 80's.

Bua, looked at her for a minute and then started knitting the sweater again.

"Bua I'm here?"

Anah waved a hand infront of her, taking the sweater from her hands, she sat on the floor besides her chair. She was holding Bua's hand in hers and looking at her with pleading eye.

Bua tightly holds her hands and kissing her forehead, she said "My beautiful Anah, don't open the doors which has been closed on you."

"You've told me about Papa and Saba, why don't you tell me about my mother, bua?"

A tear fell from Anah's eyes, the innocent soul of her had been bearing so much, looks like her trial wasn't over.

"I just want to know about my mother.....my father."

"I told you about Zakariya and Saba, because i didn't wanted you to hate your Papa. When you saw Saba's picture in that box. Thinking he loves someone else, not your mother."

"Bua, i promise, i will not ask anything....just tell me who she was? Where's my biological father? Who am i?"

Bua's heart clenched seeing Anah's broken state. Anah is a very kind and soft spoken girl. She would smile with others, but she'll never cry or share her pain with anyone. And now she was weeping, sharing her pain, thinking Bua will ease her sufferings.

"Saira Karim, your mother was a brave lady. She suffered the hardest test with patience and perseverance. She was very little, when she got abducted and sold into prostitution. She was from a very poor family, living in the slums of Mumbai. A dark eyed beauty, as her john said."

Anah looked up questioningly, "john?"

Bua patted her head and thought, Anah was too innocent for this cruel world.

"Here people refers Dalal as john."

Bua shrugged her shoulders.

"Then, who is my biological father Bua?"

"Your mother tried several times to elope from the brothel. But everytime she was sold to another man for his pleasure. And when she got pregnant with you, she decided that this time she'll runaway from this hell hole, even if she'll die in the process. Saira, didn't Wanted you to live the life, she was living. So she left and that day, Zakariya saw her in the Ally, the same day you were born, My beautiful Anah."