『⁸』

"ishq visl e yaaram
ishq hijr e yaaram
ishq deed e yaaram
ishq wasf e yaaram."

°°°

"Aisha, I'm thinking to make this new dish. It looks super delicious....aisha......"

She was holding her phone and had earphones plugged in, walking without even looking properly around her surrounding. She was going to pass the threshold, when her head bumped into a wall....or kind of a wall.

"Aisha."

She looked up and her face got flustered. She didn't even knew that he was going to be here. She hadn't seen him after the final hearing of her case. And here he was standing in all of his Mighty Dawood Qureshi self.

He was supposed to take over her case but he didn't. Instead he made sure that Aisha had all the evidence against Jonah and Mathhias. He helped her getting the evidences but after the last hearing, he puffed into thin air. Like he was never involved in the case. That made Zahiah suspicious but she hadn't a say in it. After all times had Changed and she couldn't bother him like before. But she was right now getting confused with Dawood's gaze and she was feeling really anxious she didn't understand why he was looking at her like that.....like she was his property to check out.

"Dawood Qureshi."

She made some distance between them, because he was literally invading her personal space.

"Zahiah soon to be Zahiah Dawood Qureshi."

Zahiah's breathe got faster and she felt a jolt of electricity shot in her backbone, Dawood didn't backed away instead he pulled her close to him and looked deeply into her eyes.

"Marry me."

Zahiah was lost in his eyes, she can see her aks in his eyes. She felt a different kind of beautiful when she saw herself through his eyes.

"No. As much as i like you. I don't want to marry you."

Zahiah freed her hand from his grip and turned around to find Aisha. But Dawood holds her wrist and stopped her from going away.

"May i know why are you rejecting my proposal?"

"I don't want a pity proposal atleast not from you Dawood Qureshi."

Zahiah tried to freed her wrist but this time Dawood didn't let go of her. He took out a velvet box from his breast pocket and put the ring on Zahiah's finger. Zahiah was still standing their like a statue. She was feeling claustrophobic. She was again wearing a ring without her choice.

"Dawood."

Zahiah said in a pleading tone. And tried to free her wrist from his hands. This time he let go of her wrist.

"I bought this ring almost eight years ago, i wanted to propose you when you broke our nonexistent relationship. After that i never had the guts to give this ring to anyone but you. There's no one like you Zahiah, only you. I will not force you but please keep it. Its yours."

Dawood was going back, he knew Zahiah was right in her place but he couldn't let go of her again. He couldn't lost her again because of her stupidity.