『¹』

"hijr-o-visāl-e-yār kā parda uThā diyā

ḳhud baḌh ke ishq ne mujhe merā patā diyā."

°°°°

"Papa."

"Papa."

"Please don't go papa...."

Thud!

She fell off the bed and landed right on the floor, she winced in pain her back hurting from the sudden inversion. She opened her eyes grudgingly and got up from the floor. When someone started knocking on her door.

"Zee open the door, Zee?"

She heard her mother's worried yet strict voice. Walking towards the door she looked at herself in the mirror and fixed her hairs.

"Good Morning Ma!"

Zee greeted her mother and hugged her sideways.

"Zee why did you lock the door?"

"Ma i was changing clothes last night and forget to unlock the door."

"Its okay Zee. Now come have your breakfast we're getting late after all its your first day in university."

Zee just nodded and walked back in her room to freshen up.

She walked out of the bathroom wearing a simple black shirt and a pair of black tights, droplets of water falling on her back and tracing the skin of her neck. She stood Infront of mirror and looked at her reflection....she was not a goddess look alike or an extremely beautiful girl instead she was a very odd girl. She has ginger reddish brown hair (thanks to her European ancestry), her eyes are a mixture of hazel & black and her skin is wheatish and fair. She was always the centre of attraction not because sje was painfully beautiful but because of her hairs which are extremely beautiful they shine in sunlight and in moonlight they look calmer as the sea till the wind blows.

She put on her makeup and then looking one final time at her reflection in mirror. She walked out to have her breakfast.

"Ma i will go by myself." Zee said eating her toast.

"Zee you're going with me its final." Her mother's tone was strict which means no more discussion.

"Ma but you are Professor Their and i don't want anyone to think that I've got some privileg over them."

Zee put back her toast in the plate getting frustrated.

"Zee."

"Ma. I've changed my university only for you and now you are not allowing me to have a little freedom. Why don't you trust me?"

Her mother's hands tightened on the glassbof water.

"Zee I'm waiting for you in the car."

Her mother got up from her sit and walked out of the scene.

Zee just hold her head in frustration. She didn't wanted to upset her mother. She cursed herself and walked towards the car.

***

Zee was standing in the corridor moving from one side to other side trying to find her class but thats of no use.

"Hello Miss I'm looking you're going here and there from the past fifteen minutes. Is there any problem."

A guy came behind here and placed his hand on her shoulder to draw her attention.

"Yes i couldn't find my department." Zee said twisting her hands and rubbing them in frustration.