『¹⁰』

• Imaan's POV •

What is happening? I'm seeing him after eight years. Eight years of pain and waiting. Eight years of crying and weeping silently. Eight years of facing shame and obstacles from this society. Eight years of brought in up our daughter alone. Eight years of sheer agony.

"Momin...." I said looking into his eyes that holds the same warmth for me.

"Imaan!"

"Don't come near me. I'm not the naive Imaan anymore. Where have you been all this years huh? When i needed you? You didn't even comeback for your daughter? An now you've the audacity to come in my office? Get Out!"

I lashed out on him. The pain of eight years won and my love failed. All i wanted was to cry in his arms. Cry my heart out and live happily in his arms. But life doesn't works like the way we want it was cruel and gruesome.

"I didn't knew about Momina. I've got to know about her today with the letter salma bi had left."

His words shooked me to the core. I've sent him countless letters over this past years just to hear from him. But it was all of waste that evil woman had hide My letters from him. Ya Allah why I've not thought this before. I wasted my eight years thinking he didn't love me and our daughter. Thinking he would've been.....

"Imaan i was in middle east the day you left the house. It was haunting me alot. I left from their finding my peace again..... Bi jaan tried to contact me but i Never listened. When i got the news of death i cameback. And that's when i found out about our daughter about you."

His words pierced through my heart Salma bi had died. I don't know but I'm feeling lost like someone close to me died. Why i didn't curse that woman ever? Why i feel this way?

Momin handed me a letter and here i got all my answers.

"Momin......she was my Ammi....Momin I'm her daughter.....my all life was a lie.... I'm the result of rape......Momin...."

I cried and cried in his arms holding onto him. I've Always accepted every hardship with patience and ease but this is unimaginable. I'm a child that was a result of a henious crime. Being a prostitute's daughter was easy to accept. Because i knew that atleast I'm wanted and loved. But this my whole life was a lie. My own father sold me. My own mother betrayed me. My own people the ones who're responsible for my ruin. My mother was supposed to protect me but she left me. My father huh is he really a man to call your father? My reality was worse than the lies I've been brought up with.

"Shush Imaan Don't cry. They both have left this world there's no point of crying. Stop get up."

Momin hold me against his chest and we stayed like that for eternity. His arms around me and my arms around him.

"Imaan we had lost eight years. I've lost the eight years of my daughter's life which can't be recovered. I don't want to lose anymore. Please forgive me. Please forgive me for not coming after you. For not being their for you. Lets start fresh."

He touched his forehead with mine and caressed my cheeks. Holding my hands gently. I've never loved anyone other than in him. It was Momin whom I've thought in the dark nights. He has always been their in my heart. How could I've not forgive him? When he was also robbed of everything like me. We both were played by the hands of My so called biological parents. I don't want Momina to grow up without her father anymore. I want to have my husband back.

"A million times Yes!"

He hold me like a newly wed bride. Took me in his embrace promising the world to me.

"My life has always been like sea. Swallowing every stone that were thrown my way. I've survived in the Brothel. I've survived in the middle of strangers. But now i don't want to survive i want to live with you a Happy Life. Momin jaani."

I said what i said. I want to live now. With him and my daughter.

"We will Immu. I can't wait to meet Momina. Please can i meet her."

"Of course she's your daughter."
I patted his arm assuring him.

And then we left for making our own HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

••••••••