『²』

" mujh ko tum 'mahtab' na samjho

shayad main us ka saaya hoon "

...

Her eyes getting bigger and bigger with the turn of every page and when she read the last line her heartbroke and she felt a dagger piercing through her heart. Her eyes were ready to shed tears, when she saw a figure looming in her balcony. Her whole body stiffened and she got alert. Maybe its some burglar or a killer.....or a jinn. On the thought of jinn her eyes grew bigger and she opened her windows only to see, Rayyan Khan, trying to come in her window. She quickly look around the street no one's Their. Seeing the open gates of the windows Rayyan jumped in, Afeerah who was ready to shout at the sudden invasion of his in her room. Rayyan knowing that placed his palm on her mouth and looked at her, he was amused seeing her black orbs shinning under the moonlight, a moment passed between them, soon breaking into pieces when Afeerah bite his palm with her sharp teeths.

"You're so barbaric." He quickly left her way and sat on the far end of the bed.

"What are you doing here?" Afeerah said taking her 30 cm wooden scale in her hands, ready to beat Rayyan.

"I just came here to give you this."

Rayyan took out a friendship band from his jeans pocket and taking her wrist in his hands, he quickly wrapped it around her tiny wrist.

"Now we're friends." Afeerah's mouth opened in a big Ö.

"Ohh hello Mister! What do you think? Huh...." She pinched his arms, her next action was to punch him on his face. But her mother's voice startled her.

"Afeerah.....Afeerah....Afeerah.... We're late....lets go...." Afeerah understand her mother is sleeping walking again.

"You stay here. I'm coming back. Then will continue this from here. Okay." Afeerah ran towards her door not before pinching on Rayyan's arm again.

"Ammi." She started walking side by side her mother until, she reached her room and then made her lay on the bed. She quickly got out of her mother's room, locking the door from outside. Her father has gone Out of town for the confidential work of MLA Zubair Khan.

Rayyan was waiting for her, he was getting bored so he started looking around her room, when his something caught his attention. A novel, horror novel, he started reading it and soon he understood that Miss Afeerah Loves horror novels especially if they're about Jinns.

A smile passed across his lips thinking about a mischievous plan. He quickly jumped out of her window, and, disappeared in the darkness.

"Listen." Afeerah came in her room thinking Rayyan will be their, but he wasn't their. She looked outside her window but there's no one in the Street. She sighed heavily and looked at the friendship band, tracing her fingers on the its Middle where, 'A and R' were written in Capital letters. She smiled looking at the initials of their names and kissed it.

The seed of love that he planted in her heart has finally grown a tiny leaf.

...

Afeerah was sitting in the backyard pavement of Khan Mansion when she saw Rania coming towards her with a smile, she smiled too. They both study in the same school, until last year, Rania got married to the driver of Khan Mansion, who's fifteen year her senior. And Rania started working as a maid in Khan Mansion, on the order of her husband.